Those using Otterbox cases and wireless charging, what equipment are you using?

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
What model case and what charger?

I like the otterbox symmetry case and would love to use the 30% discount for the Samsung charger, but I'm not sure they'd be compatible. I've read some people can get wireless working fine with the otterbox cases, and others can't.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, the link says it's NOT for the S6/edge, but one for the S6 is coming soon. Your using it ok ? I do like that type of stand tho, very useful.

Yes I just woke up and picked my S6 up from the charger and it was fully charged. 2 weeks ago when I purchased the charger there was nothing in the ad stating it was not for the s6.

Posted via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Wonder why? I seen post with the Commuter working with other wireless chargers.
I was going to order TYLT too.

I am using the OEM wireless charger that I got with my preorder. Later today, I hope to post my Otterbox Defender case review on my YouTube channel. I will give it a go then and report back. Don't anticipate an issue.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I am using the OEM wireless charger that I got with my preorder. Later today, I hope to post my Otterbox Defender case review on my YouTube channel. I will give it a go then and report back. Don't anticipate an issue.

Never mind, I see your link.

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Good to know since I wasn't looking froward to returning my Defender and paying the hefty price of the Lifeproof Frè which is sold out of their site. Ballistic cases are really thick as well but they should work as well.

The Ballistic tough jacket series might not work with wireless charging. The plastic back shell on the Ballistic is much thicker then the Defender.
I have them for the Note 4 and they are thick as a brick. :p

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The Ballistic tough jacket series might not work with wireless charging. The plastic back shell on the Ballistic is much thicker then the Defender.
I have them for the Note 4 and they are thick as a brick. :p

Some one should leave a comment on YouTube and may be he will update his upload.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Look at this picture of the Ballistic on my Note 4. Look at the speaker hole and you can see just how thick the Ballistic back is.
I'm not sure about the Ballistic S6 cases though.

bal07.jpg

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Nice info. Picked up a Commuter case today and really like it, and I also went ahead and used the discount to order the charger from Samsung. We'll see how it goes.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice info. Picked up a Commuter case today and really like it, and I also went ahead and used the discount to order the charger from Samsung. We'll see how it goes.

I like the OEM charging pad that I got with my preorder. So far, I have used it without the Defender cases on it. Once I post my review on my YouTube channel. It will be included in the video upload.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox Defender on a Note 3 and a cheapie $10 charging plate. And I can still charge at full current (640mA) if the bottom of the case is about 1/4" above the plate. (And the receiver is an add-in so the coil isn't on the back cover it's inside the cover.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678