Thought this was funny and interesting.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I was talking about touch screen phones, and android came after iOS I am certain.(at least the touch version)
I had a UTstarcomm phone that wasn't touch screen but it did have a stylus and could have apps and could play music. I was really surprised when all the hoopla happened with the ipod as I also had a very small Sony Walkman MP3 player which was far smaller than any ipod and did everything it could do for half the price. Then the iPhone came out and it was basically a iPod with a phone attached to it. It was great but it certainly wasn't this mind blowing technology for me as I had already been using my pseudo smartphone for some time.

But that being said the popularity of the iPhone pushed things way ahead and the creation of the app store was the single most important development for the end user IMO. This brought in a larger developer base which helped to build on the technology. And many people don't know that Steve Jobs was opposed to the idea originally. He was pushed a bit and agreed to it. Without the app store things would be in the stone ages still.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a UTstarcomm phone that wasn't touch screen but it did have a stylus and could have apps and could play music. I was really surprised when all the hoopla happened with the ipod as I also had a very small Sony Walkman MP3 player which was far smaller than any ipod and did everything it could do for half the price. Then the iPhone came out and it was basically a iPod with a phone attached to it. It was great but it certainly wasn't this mind blowing technology for me as I had already been using my pseudo smartphone for some time.

But that being said the popularity of the iPhone pushed things way ahead and the creation of the app store was the single most important development for the end user IMO. This brought in a larger developer base which helped to build on the technology. And many people don't know that Steve Jobs was opposed to the idea originally. He was pushed a bit and agreed to it. Without the app store things would be in the stone ages still.

I really haven't heard of that phone before, you learn something new everyday!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That actually looks pretty damn cool!
It was one of the first phones with a slide out keyboard. Apps had to be sideloaded and it was nothing like an iPhone, but for the time (2005) it was a great device. You could copy mp3s to the sd card and play them fine. I played my share of brick breaker on it until I sat on it in Vegas by the pool and broke the screen. It still worked for calls and actually had voice command which allowed me to still use it in basic form by saying "dial ###-####". Not Google now or Siri but in hindsight the road was pretty well paved before the iPhone arrived a couple of years later.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It was one of the first phones with a slide out keyboard. Apps had to be sideloaded and it was nothing like an iPhone, but for the time (2005) it was a great device. You could copy mp3s to the sd card and play them fine. I played my share of brick breaker on it until I sat on it in Vegas by the pool and broke the screen. It still worked for calls and actually had voice command which allowed me to still use it in basic form by saying "dial ###-####". Not Google now or Siri but in hindsight the road was pretty well paved before the iPhone arrived a couple of years later.

Can't imagine voice recognition to be that good.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I just remembered something. Chetan, were you the one that wanted to get the Nokia Lumia phone and I told you I would tell you how the earlier model was to give you an idea on how the Windows OS was?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I just remembered something. Chetan, were you the one that wanted to get the Nokia Lumia phone and I told you I would tell you how the earlier model was to give you an idea on how the Windows OS was?

Oh yes please I was the one.

Oh and apologize for the rude response that I gave earlier in the thread I think.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
http://m.androidauthority.com/alan-kay-ipad-181064/

Guess Apple is losing their reign over the tablet market more than I thought.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
Eventually they will be only a small part of the ecosystem. There are too many people that are motivated by price. Apple can't continue to win when there are comparable products selling for 30-50% less with more flexibility.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Eventually they will be only a small part of the ecosystem. There are too many people that are motivated by price. Apple can't continue to win when there are comparable products selling for 30-50% less with more flexibility.

Not just price. Quality, actually improvements between models, etc.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

The iPad mini begs to differ!
In my opinion there will always be a massive amount if people with iPads, quite honestly I see his predictions never coming true because those are his "dream"

- - - Updated - - -

Forget about it, everyone loses their cool sometimes. Anyway, when I can get to a computer ill tell you what I think.

Cool thanks.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Well that guy is really sounding biased. Apple is not losing massive amounts of customers with the iPad
Although price is certainly part of it. If my dad hadn't offered me his 32GB LTE ipad 4 I would probably rocking a Nexus 7

Definitely not losing massive amounts but every day a decent number seem to move away from Apple in general, no bjust cause of the iPad. And again, price is hardly the only reason but that discussion has been done to death.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick