Thumb Drive to Phone

sakoarms

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I need to be able to transfer files off of my thumb drive to my phone and them email them. Any idea how I might be able to accomplish this? I am using a Motorola Droid with Verizon. In the past I was able to connect directly to a machine I use at work and transfer the files directly to my phone and email them, but with this upgrade in phone, my machine does not recognize my phone. So I would like to transfer the files onto a thumb drive and then transfer them to my phone. Is this possible? Thanks for your help.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You can not transfer data from a thumb driver to any android device directly. All would have to be copied to a PC first then transferred to the android device.

Can you not put these files on a micro SD card then you can just slide that into the side of your phone and your ready to go?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

silly_rabbit

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
You can not transfer data from a thumb driver to any android device directly. All would have to be copied to a PC first then transferred to the android device.

Can you not put these files on a micro SD card then you can just slide that into the side of your phone and your ready to go?

Can you not use an OTG cable?

DriveEuro

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Not entirely true. CM7 on Nook Color (and I'm sure on a few other devices also) could do USB host. You just need a USB Micro to USB female cable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bovg4aBFnA8

nawannabe

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
lol i don't know why you would do this. why don't you just e-mail them from your computer why do you have to e-mail them from your phone? if it is cuz you don't have internet access just take the SD card out of the phone and use a computer to transfer files to the sd card and then e-mail it from your phone. but if you are not recognizing the phone from your computer make sure after you plug in your phone into your computer on your phone you selecting USB mass storage on your phone. I hope this helps.