Thunderbolt - Best Buy Availability/Pricing/Ordering Discussion

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am back to the thinking that Best buy will have it a day or two later than Verizon....just because that would be ironic.

I doubt it. Best Buy got screwed in this whole thing, so I'm not sure why Verizon would want to continue to screw them on something like this. I would expect inventory to be available at BB and VZW on launch day.

gunmetalgr3g

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I read some where on the webs was that if you preorder from BB you would get the phone 50 dollars cheaper than if you did not preorder, is this true or just some BS?

nutty

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Stopped by my BB today. They mentioned that the date has been pushed so many times they won't provide anymore dates on when it will be available. lol They still say they will be selling it for $249 whenever it's available.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
just got off the phone with my local best buy. They were very nice. They hear (but cannot confirm) that they will be selling the phone on Thursday. The guy didnt want to promise because "they've been burned before" (no kidding). He said the price will be $300, and they will not honor any new every two credit you may have.

MyMeth

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
hey guys I pre-ordered the Thunderbolt at BestBuy. Is it indicated in the receipt to what # are you in the pre-order list? Anyone?

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
hey guys I pre-ordered the Thunderbolt at BestBuy. Is it indicated in the receipt to what # are you in the pre-order list? Anyone?

You need to call and find out what number you are at. They told me I was #13. They keep a file for preorders. But since $50 you paid was for gift card it does not show up in their system as preorder. It is just on their file where they keep the preorder forms that they made you fill up when putting $50 down.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

cwahl

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
just got off the phone with my local best buy. They were very nice. They hear (but cannot confirm) that they will be selling the phone on Thursday. The guy didnt want to promise because "they've been burned before" (no kidding). He said the price will be $300, and they will not honor any new every two credit you may have.

I'm number 1 at my store.. but EF them if the no new every 2 isn't counted...

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Oh crap...I'm #1,974,324! I'm never getting it....wait, that's probably not the right number huh?;)

Nope, Titan's right...I don't have an order number. I do know there were about 4 or 5 when I preordered mine, judging from the pieces of paper that was in the folder that BB was keeping the preorders.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm number 1 at my store.. but EF them if the no new every 2 isn't counted...

The guy told me they will honor the fact that I am due for an upgrade and give me the discounted price, but they wont take my $50 credit. That is pretty consistent for most best buys from what I understand.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

I am starting to get a little peeved at my BB. Called them to get some info this morning and see if I can get my appointment... they claim there is still no release date and they have know idea how many and when they will get them. I am number 3 for preorders in this store and they told me I would have one release day (stupid them). Now it seems there doing a 180... any one get a similar reaction today?

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am starting to get a little peeved at my BB. Called them to get some info this morning and see if I can get my appointment... they claim there is still no release date and they have know idea how many and when they will get them. I am number 3 for preorders in this store and they told me I would have one release day (stupid them). Now it seems there doing a 180... any one get a similar reaction today?

I'd recommend going down there and having them pull up the announcement on Bestbuy.com. That will force them to investigate further and get you an answer.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend going down there and having them pull up the announcement on Bestbuy.com. That will force them to investigate further and get you an answer.

Guess I miss represented my self a bit... my BB is in Grand Rapids MI, right now I am in Columbus GA waiting on a plane to get home... But I will be seeing them tomorrow if they don't get a hold of me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anarachnid