Thunderbolt update

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I am worried - I rooted using TB Auto Root, and I got this update pushed on me (but deferred it). I did rename my system/etc/security/otacerts.zip file to otacerts.zip.bak, but it still is asking me, what do I do?
I would flash a new ROM. That should tasked care of your issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So, is this update real? Are we getting it anytime soon? Next year?
I don't think it's real. Mortiel (VZW employee) usually gets notified of these things a month or so in advance. He's heard nothing as of today, according to his post. The word was that it would come on the 15th (tomorrow). I suppose, sooner or later there may be another Thunderbolt update, but I doubt it's the one this thread is about.

But... we'll see.

-Frank

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I talked to HTC when I saw this post and they said there was an update being released on the 15th. Call them and inquire.....

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I talked to HTC when I saw this post and they said there was an update being released on the 15th. Call them and inquire.....

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Wow! So I guess time will tell then. I'm crossing my fingures.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
No changes have been made to the VZW support pages, and no new software builds have leaked. These are two signs that no update is coming today or even imminent.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No changes have been made to the VZW support pages, and no new software builds have leaked. These are two signs that no update is coming today or even imminent.

you're wrong. there was an update announced today: i just got an email announcing the availability of the galaxy nexus. that's the best update a tb owner can hope for. glad i got a one year contact; I'm eligible for renewal in exactly a month. bye bye tb.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
From Verizon's Support page for the Thunderbolt:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, Build Number: 2.11.605.9;
Baseband: 1.48.00.0930w_3, 0.01.78.0916w_3, for your ThunderBolt™ by HTC.

Verizon Wireless and HTC encourage you to download this update.

Device Features
+ Resolved issue with contact ringtones.
+ Improvements to notification volume.
+ Updated local streaming playback mechanism when network connection is not available.

Apps & Widgets
+ Updated Twitter API for Peep/FriendStream.
+ Clock app included in All App list.
+ Improvements in Exchange ActiveSync.

The size for this software upgrade is 36.152MB.

Last edited:

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am happy with my ROOTED TBolt and I give it about a week or 2 after the UPDATE is released that BAMF, INFECTED include it in their ROMS.

According to what is new....to me it isn't a show stopper and would make me UNROOT my phone.

The only thing that interests me is "Resolved issue with contact ringtones". I don't TWITTER, I don't use Exchange....but I will defaintely reflash my ROM when the Dev's put it in theirs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obi