Time zone wrong since 5.1 upgrade on Lenovo P70

Mike Etherington

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi - I have a clock and Sense clock widget variation by 4 hours! I live in the UK.

It happened when I upgraded to Android 5.1 on my Lenovo P70 yesterday.

The timezone, if selected "automatically" gets the android time correct but the Sense Clock widget puts me 4 hours ahead. Oops.

I have Auto time zone set and it seems to think I am in Dubai!! (actually the phone came originally from Dubai but not sure if this is relevant. The clock and widget have been fine until yesterday.

If I unselect Auto Time zone and change Dubai to London then although it lets me select London, when I exit that screen it reverts back to Dubai!
It seems like the time zone is hard coded and can't be changed.

If I got back to the start and manually enter the time - the sense widget is correct but the phone thinks it's 4 hours later!

Any suggestions?
thanks
Mike

More: I just discovered the google cal app is using the wrong time too - all appointments showing 4 hours later than they should. Wish I had not "upgraded" now ;-)

Last edited:

jqmd

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
This is a major bug with Android Lolipop update. Despite being postponed several times for Kitkat to lolipop update Lenovo P70 lolipop update is with bugs. Time zone is fixed to Gulf (Dubai) GMT+4 hours. Hope Lenovo will come up with a solution.

Teflanzy

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
found a fix for this problem

dial
####6020#

then select
CountryCode-TimeZone

and select your country or a country that shares the same time zone

it was showing for me Dubai +4 also but I live in Bahrain +3

I selected Saudi since it share the same time zone and it rebooted and the time zone was changed to +3

hope this works for you

Mike Etherington

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi - yes it worked thank you.
Was a bit surprised it reinstalled the whole phone so I had to start from scratch but luckily there was no data lost!
Seems fine now.
Cheers
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varun2310