Today is the 18th. WHERE'S MY FROYO!!!

scottfromga

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
no...it means your still waiting to get it. It'll come, friend....just be patient. Some of these geeky smart guys will pull the update and it'll be posted on AC or D-L soon enough.

storm822

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a dinc.. and work in a VZW store... the demo phone has update notification but when plugged into work computers cannot see entire device memory. I'd love to pull file but not possible until my personal line gets update then ill definitely be able to from home pc. Sorry guys ... hopefully someone else gets it first tho, I'm dying here waiting. At least I can play with the demo that has it tho. N e one want pics to post put an email ill send them out

scottfromga

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My post wasn't singling anyone in this forum out but I appreciate the feedback. Some people do have it and have posted about it. They are either not able to or wanting to help a brother out and dl it before installing. Rest assured once I get my update, if it is not already posted, it will be by me. One love.

I agree with CRK....I've had it over an hour now and I still have not had one person throw me a bone and tell me how to find the F'ing thing...I wanna help, but I have no idea how to pull the update.zip

looking in ASTRO...I see no file thats the size of the update.

JJU357

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Please stop trying to use astro to find it. Hook it up to a computer. Search the phone memory AND the SD card for the update.zip file. Try searching for hidden files and folders in windows (let me know if you need to know how to show hidden files). It has to be there somewhere...I'm even willing to do a remote support session to help you find it if you want.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Has anyone received the rumored 8/27 OTA Froyo update?

Using adb you would need to have logcat running to capture the url that points to where the update is coming from.

With the url, you could download the update.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
No, once you restart your phone and install it, it runs a clean-up deleting the file. Once you download the update when it asks you if you want to restart and install the update it will still be on the SDCard. However if you have already installed it's gone. See post above.....

JJU357

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
No, once you restart your phone and install it, it runs a clean-up deleting the file. Once you download the update when it asks you if you want to restart and install the update it will still be on the SDCard. However if you have already installed it's gone. See post above.....

Yes...you need to download the file by accepting the update, but when it's done downloading, you need to hit home button INSTEAD of RESTART AND INSTALL. At this point in time you should be able to copy the update.zip. If you restart and install it will delete the file after install. The link above has a step by step....

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It is possible to pull the update off your phone using your Pc correct?

Running logcat as far as I'm aware will tell the http location of the OTA update.

Am I not correct?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It is possible to pull the update off your phone using your Pc correct?

Running logcat as far as I'm aware will tell the http location of the OTA update.

Am I not correct?

Yeah logcat will show the actual url it's pulling from. However if you follow the directions in my post before all you have to do is get it off your sdcard and place it onto your computer. Then upload it somewhere for everyone.

unccmyway

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys. I got the notification at 9:50. I am in Charlotte, NC. Got it on launch day but this is a replacement one (the 3rd replacement, in fact). Just be patient...it IS coming.

JJU357

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys. I got the notification at 9:50. I am in Charlotte, NC. Got it on launch day but this is a replacement one (the 3rd replacement, in fact). Just be patient...it IS coming.

Please take a moment and copy the update.zip before you restart and install. I will gladly host the file if I can just get a copy of it....

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Please take a moment and copy the update.zip before you restart and install. I will gladly host the file if I can just get a copy of it....

Yeah same here, PM me where you upload it and I will through it onto a 100Mbit host! (I'm sure a lot of people will be wanting this one lol)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I am in charlotte too and havent got nada , I got the instructions saved on what to do to post the file though , I hope I get mine today now too since you did.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick