Today is the 18th. WHERE'S MY FROYO!!!

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
To pull the zip file, you have to cancel the initial update. You can't pounce on it immediately. You'll need Astro or another file explorer, and you'll need to look around for the file - probably in /cache/ or on the SD card root.

Take one for the team and wait to update until you get that file copied off the phone!

storm822

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
how i find update file on phono no sd card?

I have update ready to install how can I extract file? I can email someone pics but can't figure how to post them into forum from my dinc

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Do what Revolutionary said,

To pull the zip file, you have to cancel the initial update. You can't pounce on it immediately. You'll need Astro or another file explorer, and you'll need to look around for the file - probably in /cache/ or on the SD card root.

Take one for the team and wait to update until you get that file copied off the phone!

Just search for Update.zip on your sd card and copy the file to your computer. Then just POST IT! PLEASE!

Tired of people being selfish.

JJU357

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
You need to NOT install the update and hook phone up to computer and look through the phone for update.zip. Just copy that file to your desktop, then you can proceed with update

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
You need to NOT install the update and hook phone up to computer and look through the phone for update.zip. Just copy that file to your desktop, then you can proceed with update

Um, der, yeah, I guess hooking it up to a pc would be easier than fooling around with Astro! Guess I need to finish my coffee... :)

storm822

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Search update.... nothing...searched .zip....nothing. phone did not have SD card in when update notification came up. I'll try get to someone to post link but cant find with astro .... email me if u think u can help

JJU357

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea I know...its early...and I spend most of my week dealing with the least knowledgeable individuals when it comes to technology int he universe...so I'm used to "dumbing stuff down"...now someone COPY THAT FILE. We'll get you through the rest....AND GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR SHARING!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
8:30am in Lizella, GA and I'm installing the OTA right now. What a nice present to wake up to on a Saturday morning.

and guys, I have no idea how to pull the update.zip and post it anywhere....little help and I'll do my best.

Yay good news for you anyhoo , lol, I wouldn't know how post the update.zip either lol

JJU357

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't use astro. Hook it up to your computer and search the phone. If you have no SD card it won't be located on the card...it will probably be a hidden file on the phone.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Do what Revolutionary said,

Just search for Update.zip on your sd card and copy the file to your computer. Then just POST IT! PLEASE!

Tired of people being selfish.

Before hauling off and bashing people, maybe you should realize that not everyone receiving their updates has the technical ability to extract the file and post it... If you notice, most of them are still asking for assistance on how to post screen caps... You say others are being selfish... I'm sure you won't care who posts what once you get your update...

Welcome to AC, but your first post on these threads does not give a great first impression... I know attitudes like that don't exactly entice me to throw you a bone...

JJU357

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
the cache folder is a great place to look too...let me know if you're willing to do a remote support session form your computer with your phone hooked up and I can find it.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

That doesnt sound to tough , If I get it I will , I wanted to post here to mark this spot tho :)

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Search update.... nothing...searched .zip....nothing. phone did not have SD card in when update notification came up. I'll try get to someone to post link but cant find with astro .... email me if u think u can help

Make sure ASTRO isn't trying to look on your SD card if your SD card wasn't installed. I think ASTRO sets the "Home" icon to be the sd card by default.

Either that or hook it up to your computer and browse around. It should be a fairly large file.

ENG088

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
froyo 2.2 ota dinc. up and running

around 7:30a sat. Ota is seem to have downloaded , I then press install. By 8:30a I was up and running and I am around the silver spring MD. Area.

JJU357

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
around 7:30a sat. Ota is seem to have downloaded , I then press install. By 8:30a I was up and running and I am around the silver spring MD. Area.

Congrats. If you have a few minutes hook your phone up to your computer and hunt around for update.zip and copy it to your desktop if you can help the rest of us.

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this morning and I have Froyo for breakfast. They seem to be continuing the rollout on Saturday (it wasn't there at 1:00 am when I went to bed). It took about 12 minutes and it's all good now.
Thank you Verizon and HTC.
And Thank you Android Central for being the best news source and open forum.

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Before hauling off and bashing people, maybe you should realize that not everyone receiving their updates has the technical ability to extract the file and post it... If you notice, most of them are still asking for assistance on how to post screen caps... You say others are being selfish... I'm sure you won't care who posts what once you get your update...

Welcome to AC, but your first post on these threads does not give a great first impression... I know attitudes like that don't exactly entice me to throw you a bone...

My post wasn't singling anyone in this forum out but I appreciate the feedback. Some people do have it and have posted about it. They are either not able to or wanting to help a brother out and dl it before installing. Rest assured once I get my update, if it is not already posted, it will be by me. One love.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci