Trade in: Still no acknowledgement from Samsung!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i shipped in my trade in phone, the S20 Ultra, and i have a FedEx "delivered" page showing me that it was signed for and received by samsung on Feb 9th, which is literally a full week ago!

even now, on my samsung.com order page for "instant trade in discount", it still says "pending receipt" for my trade in phone!

i'm well within the time limit because it says "ship by Feb 9th", and i shipped it days earlier so it was RECEIVED by Samsung on Feb 9th.

still, one week later, no acknowledgement of any sort from Samsung.com. i only have FedEx tracking to tell me that they signed for it.

may i please ask if others have similar experiences or ...?

thanks!

calbrs04

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
FedEx shows that mine was delivered to them on 2/12. I also received an email from samsung acknowledging that they received my trade in. But their website still says delivery pending. Check your emails.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen with the S20. I had returned an S10+ trade in. The tracking showed it had been received but nothing from Samsung.

Calling support I found that they had received it but I had used a wrong return shipping label from Samsung. I had two things to send them, one being the phone trade in and the other was a return item and I had switches the carrier labels.

Each had been noted as received but they had no idea what to do with either of them since the items are tied to their tracking numbers and if they don't match they have no idea what to do with them. It took two or three days to get it straightened out but it finally was sussed out and my return phone credited and my returns also showed as received. But, for a short time I was nervous as tonwhat might happen.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
received by samsung on Feb 9th, which is literally a full week ago[.]
My acknowledgment email from Samsung said they'd evaluate the trade-in phone within 3 to 7 business days. For you, that would mean by Feb 19. My Samsung status still says "pending receipt", despite their acknowledgement email. As long as you used Samsung's shipping label, and you have a FedEx receipt showing you shipped by Feb 9, you have nothing to worry about if the phone gets lost before evaluation (which probably hasn't happened).

Last edited:

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
i shipped in my trade in phone, the S20 Ultra, and i have a FedEx "delivered" page showing me that it was signed for and received by samsung on Feb 9th, which is literally a full week ago!

even now, on my samsung.com order page for "instant trade in discount", it still says "pending receipt" for my trade in phone!

i'm well within the time limit because it says "ship by Feb 9th", and i shipped it days earlier so it was RECEIVED by Samsung on Feb 9th.

still, one week later, no acknowledgement of any sort from Samsung.com. i only have FedEx tracking to tell me that they signed for it.

may i please ask if others have similar experiences or ...?

thanks!

Mine took a week. If gets to 14 days just chat. With N20 mine got to 14 days and chat said has been 14 days since we received so I can go ahead and approve.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
It is scary to read all the BBB complaints about Samsung in regards to phone trade-ins. The process seems to have improved some this year. I feel for those put through any shenanigans.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
It is scary to read all the BBB complaints about Samsung in regards to phone trade-ins. The process seems to have improved some this year. I feel for those put through any shenanigans.

I have never had an issue myself. I know some have. Remember you only see negatives ;)

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My first time doing the trade in, they recieved it on 2/3 and it was approved on 2/5. I thought that was fast but I figured since I'm sending it from Houston is why it didn't take long, not too sure.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
There may also be new protective procedures in place due to Covid, which may be slowing the process down. I know I was worried there for awhile.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
You might want to check your email spam folder. I sent a trade-in when I purchased my Note 20 Ultra. All the correspondence from Samsung ended up in my Spam folder. The info in the emails was always more current than the info on my account at Samsung.com.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Look at this craziness....this is a pre-printed label...and how many of these things do you think are coming back to Samsung?!?!?

pic.png