Turn off vibrate in silent mode galaxy note 8

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, no matter what I do I can't get my galaxy note 8 to stop vibrating while the phone is in silent mode, I thought silent mode meant absolutely everything off including vibrate but apparently not on mine, I've tried for ages, googled every conceivable way of saying "how to turn off vibrate in silent mode galaxy note 8" but I am yet to find the answer and it's driving me mad and has been since I got it in Oct 2017, I end up giving up but then end up in a situation that requires me to silence it so I have to turn it off completely and turn the phone back on when I'm done. Please someone, please can you help me it used to be so simple you could adjust settings for each mode like silent, vibrate etc but noooo not anymore. Thanks for reading and thanks massively if you can help, I'll owe you a beer if you can fix it haha 😂.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Not sure why it's not working for you. I know this may sound basic, but have tried using the volume button on the side, above the bixby button?

When you turn it down it should give you a blue speaker icon with a line through it and a zigzag line in front of it. Pushing it down again should give you the same speaker icon only grayed out this time instead of blue and no zigzag line. This puts it in silent mode. I use it all the time. Let us know if this works for you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The sound icon in the pulldown (if there is one on a Note 8 - I don't have one - will do the same thing. If it's just the speaker, the first tap makes it silent with vibrate, the next tap makes if no sound, no vibrate, the next tap puts it back to sound.

As for "how to turn off vibrate in silent mode galaxy note 8", Google search is a bit funny that way, but remember, it's not intelligent, it's just a database lookup, so it's looking up anything with note 8 and vibration or silent. Most of the hits you got were probably to turn off sound and put it into vibrate mode. (Regardless of which search engine you use - Android Assistant, Duck Duck Go, Bing - they're all the same, just working on different databases. No one's invented artificial intelligence yet.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87