Twitter app on the Note 8

brand3241

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with the Twitter app on their Note 8? Since Monday (Jan. 1st) afternoon, the app has stopped loading tweets. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a number of times and wiped the cache partition, but still doesn't work. I've downloaded a few of the third party Twitter clients like Tweetcaster, Plume, and Echofon, they all work without a problem. I don't want to do a hard reset, but the official app is the easiest Twitter client for me to use. Any advice?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with the Twitter app on their Note 8? Since Monday (Jan. 1st) afternoon, the app has stopped loading tweets. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a number of times and wiped the cache partition, but still doesn't work. I've downloaded a few of the third party Twitter clients like Tweetcaster, Plume, and Echofon, they all work without a problem. I don't want to do a hard reset, but the official app is the easiest Twitter client for me to use. Any advice?
Nope, no problems on mine (I'm Verizon).

Who's your carrier?

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
mine does it sometimes (verizon) my s8+ did it as well, seemed if i switched to wifi it would clear up for while, then i would have to switch back to data.

im usually in am area where i get 20mps or more DS. i figured it was more of a Twitter problem than a phone one..

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Go into the Twitter settings and check to make sure sync is selected in your data settings. I BELIEVE it's supposed to be on by default, but it's possible it may have been turned off.

Other than that, it could be an app update. I had this problem on my S8+ awhile back and I attributed to an app update and it cleared itself, which again, I attributed to an app update. The odd part was that I still got updates via SMS (I set our local traffic reports to send me texts).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp