Two gmail accounts w/ 2.1 (dupes).

NewYorkLaw

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Now that I am running 2.1 on my hero (Fresh 2.0d), I notice I can sync two google accounts. I've done this (one work and one home). Now, I have a thousand duplicate entries on my phone. Both gmail accounts have been cleared of duplicates, and the sync to the phone does not populate back to each other gmail account - so I have duplicates ONLY on my phone.

If the duplicates would have populated to each gmail account, i could easily allow gmail to merge my duplicates, but that's not happening. Is there a simple way to merge the duplcates on the phone? Alternately, I would like to force the duplicates to go both directions to the other gmail accounts so that gmail can merge them for me. There are some contacts in each database that are unique (not duplicated) and that's why I would like to merge them.

Pete

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Are the duplicates being created because you have similar or the same entries, once in each account so then when you sync you have twice the contacts on the device, since its merging both phonebooks maybe?

NewYorkLaw

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
My two accounts (work is google apps, and home is gmail) have approximately 2,000 contatcts each. Nearly 1,000 of them are identical, since a few years ago, when I added the google apps account, I started by importing all my gmail contacts.

For the most part, the gmail account is not the "current" account - most changes are made to my work account, but new entries always end up in the gmail account, because that's the one that's connected to google voice. (Thanks to the fact that google voice did not work with google apps accounts).

So, I have, as I have stated, about a thousand duplicates, most of which are EXACT duplicates, with no difference, and dozens of duplicates where one side (usually the google apps side) is current, and dozens of entries that are on the gmail side that don't exist on the apps side because they started with google voice.

Pete