Ubreakifix

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Has anybody here used ubreakifix? What has been your experience with them?

I took my Note 10+ to them recently to have them replace the battery which they did for free.

Now, several days later, I am having display issues. My screen seems off in color and the screen sometimes flickers. To make it worse, my battery life hasn't really improved much and it really wasn't worth it to even bother.

I am going to take the device back up there, but I was just curious to see what people's experiences/thoughts are?

mggm100

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've used that at 2 different locations. One was excellent, the other not so much. I've used the excellent one twice at this point and found it consistently good.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Mixed. One location - smooth, no problems and very timely turnaround. The other location - not terrible but not fantastic. And they couldn't fix the phone.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I took it back to the location today and they did a "full diagnostic," on it. Couldnt find anything wrong with it.

They suggested oh maybe its something in the settings or an update. I havent changed my settings and I havent received any updates. Thanks for ruining my device. I have not had ANY issues until they did work on it.

Now I have to try to take the device somewhere else or more than likely, buy a new device.

I wish I wouldnt have bothered.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I took it back to the location today and they did a "full diagnostic," on it. Couldnt find anything wrong with it.

They suggested oh maybe its something in the settings or an update. I havent changed my settings and I havent received any updates. Thanks for ruining my device. I have not had ANY issues until they did work on it.

Now I have to try to take the device somewhere else or more than likely, buy a new device.

I wish I wouldnt have bothered.
Sorry to hear that :(
Maybe take this matter up with Samsung, explain you took it to their authorized repair center and while fixing the battery the display has issue now and they saying everything ok .

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

I took my Note 10+ to them recently to have them replace the battery which they did for free.

Now, several days later, I am having display issues. My screen seems off in color and the screen sometimes flickers. To make it worse, my battery life hasn't really improved much and it really wasn't worth it to even bother.

I am going to take the device back up there, but I was just curious to see what people's experiences/thoughts are?

Have you attempted complete factory reset?

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

I had my wife's Pixel 4a screen replaced. It came with a 12 month warranty. But every 4 weeks or so, the screen would come off. After the third time, the rep said that the glue they use is not as strong as the one from the factory, and that Google won't share the glue with them. So i ended up getting fixed (free/warranty) one last time, and traded it via Google Store for a new P6. I figured the trade in credit will only decrease as the months go on, and the 12 month warranty with UBreakIfix will eventually end.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I won't be using them again. They have no clue about anything. I may have to contact Samsung as I believe I may still have a warranty with this device for one year.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
So here is an example of the strange things that keep happening to the screen. This was the middle of the night.

received_668941370784301.jpeg

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I think I found out what the issue is... I called a local phone repair store and he knew exactly what I was talking about. He said more than likely one of the connectors inside the phone isn't on correctly. If it's that, only 40 bucks to fix.

If he has to replace to the display... It would cost 300 dollars. Yikes. I will not be replacing the screen. For 300 dollars, I can get another Note 10+ with no issues or another device entirely.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Small update... So I took my phone somewhere else and it appears to be fixed. I really couldn't get a completely straight answer other than when they took it apart, it did something in the software.

That being said... Now I am pretty sure my water resistance is shot. They said it should be fine if it gets splashed by water or something but don't recommend submerging it which I wasn't planning on doing anyways lol

I am still concerned at my device's water resistance level though.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I agree. I start work at 5 AM lol I dislike having to be there that early... But it is super nice getting off around 2.

That said... I am currently looking for a different device as this just isn't working for me. I am gonna keep this around as a spare device. Especially since I still owe money on it.. :-[ But I recently ordered a 512gb Note 9 from Amazon renewed from a highly rated seller. I am weighing the pros and cons of whether I would feel comfortable using this as my main device for awhile. I definitely feel better having the 8gb ram version. It has a lot of features that I really appreciate honestly... Like the headphone jack!

Either that or I am gonna say screw it and just buy an S10+ as I really like that device as well. Doesn't bother me that it's older. They currently have the Ceramic Black 512gb version for 360 dollars via amazon renewed. Not bad at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whytefrank