Unable to comment on new articles on main page.

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
For a couple weeks I've been getting this:
Your comment has been queued for moderation by site administrators and will be published after approval.
when I post on news articles on the main site. What's up?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it for every single post?

I would assume AC has some type of software that has key word triggers, and, you are hitting those frequently.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, well, if it's every post, then, I'm not really sure. That's all I could think of. Hopefully someone else will come along and have some idea.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they do that with every post now to prevent spam, trolling, etc

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if what is happening to me is related but I can log into the forums but I can't log on the homepage to comment on articles.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting blocked as well, the latest being now in this thread: Galaxy S2 coming fashionably late to Virgin Mobile | Android Central

My comment was this: "Is there any way to configure/flash/voodoo/transfer a Sprint GS2 for use with Virgin Mobile? I'm getting a Nexus 4 and my g/f has a crappy little Optimus V phone and it'd be great to give her my old GS2 to use with her account. Since it's still Sprint's network, you'd think it'd be nothing to do, but I'm sure there's some device ID hoodoo that would prevent the obvious from occurring."

I've tried logging out and back in, but something is blocking me on article comments.

Last edited:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, I was able to post on my work computer this morning; the trouble I was having was at home. Perhaps I need to clear cookies.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm still unable to post on site posts from home. Cleaned all AC cookies from Firefox 16 and tried IE9 and both do the same thing: You submit the post and it takes a longer-than-usual period of time and then says it's been queued for moderation. Is there something on my account that has me flagged only there?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is still happening? I posted from work earlier today, but now at home my comments require moderation. I'm not under any conduct strikes that I'm aware of, so what's the deal? Is my IP being flagged and, if so, why?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Dirk,

We may need to adjust the threshold on the comment spam service we're using. Shoot me an email at james AT mobilenations.com and we'll work this out with the tech team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod