Unable to connect to public Wi-Fi

musicollector

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Are you using any security or antivirus apps?

Another thing we didn't discuss was if you tried a different browser.

Typically, to get out of Safe Mode, all you have to do is reboot. A reboot without using the Safe Mode keypress combination should get you back into normal mode. Safe Mode technically shouldn't mess up any apps, but if it does, that may have to do more with deficiencies in how those apps are coded (or perhaps with how the phone's firmware is coded).
Well, I have Chrome as the browser. Are there any settings within the Chrome Android app that I need to tweak? But I don't suspect such a popular browser would pose an issue. Right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
We already talked about the DNS setting in Chrome, which I think you already checked. And you already mentioned that Safe Browsing was set to Standard.

It can be hard to say if some recent update to Chrome might contribute to some oddness with websites (especially if those websites are old and not that well-maintained). It's worth testing with another browser like Firefox.

Reactions: J Dubbs

musicollector

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Okay. Shall do. Thanks. But, this is before the browser is launched. Here is the banner that I get, but not a thing happens when I click it repeatedly. It is supposed to bring up the user agreement if all goes well.

Screenshot_20230619-152612.jpg