Unfortunately Google Play services has stopped?

A

AC Question

Try to sign in but the app keeps closing, will not let me get on it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Does this persist after a reboot?

Moved to General Help, since Play Services is different from the Play Store.

Tionne Richards

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem I cannot get into play store it gives me the error message couldn't sign in there was a problem communicating with google servers try again later" non of my google apps work it gives me the above error message I have tried force stop uninstalling updates restarting clear cache changing the date no luck. pls help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem I cannot get into play store it gives me the error message couldn't sign in there was a problem communicating with google servers try again later" non of my google apps work it gives me the above error message I have tried force stop uninstalling updates restarting clear cache changing the date no luck. pls help

Welcome to Android Central! You might be having a separate issue. The OP of this thread was talking about Google Play Services, which is different from the Play Store.

Does your problem occur on both wi-fi and mobile data, or only on wi-fi? If so, is it only on your home wi-fi network?

Roy Bloom1

May 31, 2016
Visit site
hi
i have the same problem. use Nexus 5.
Google Play services version 9.0.83 (438-129111109)
For several days, every few seconds I pop-up messages.
"Unfortunately Google Play services has stopped" or ."Unfortunately Gmail services has stopped"
i try to go to setings >> apps>> reset app preferences. >>Solved the problem once for an hour and then back issue
I tried to clean cache in the app Google Play services >> did not help
i try to disable Google Play services, then the app Removed and the message stops jump, go to version 8.1.86 and i need to log into my gmail than i got the message to update the Google Play services but when i try to update it i gat the message "cant update app ... error retrieving information from server . so i go and clean cache in the app Google Play stor>> did not help. look like he cennot dawnload the update.
>> i install the Google Play services from a site >> did not help >> i can download apps from Google Play store but the pop-up messages Continues to jump every few seconds.
I tried to turn the power off and on >> did not help.
i force stop the Google Play services >>it is still pop-up .
it occur on wifi and not on wifi.
I have no ideas what to do.

Last edited:

Ox_the

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue on nexus6p I've tried all the advice and nothing works can android release an update for this it is infuriating!

hi
i have the same problem. use Nexus 5.
Google Play services version 9.0.83 (438-129111109)
For several days, every few seconds I pop-up messages.
"Unfortunately Google Play services has stopped" or ."Unfortunately Gmail services has stopped"
i try to go to setings >> apps>> reset app preferences. >>Solved the problem once for an hour and then back issue
I tried to clean cache in the app Google Play services >> did not help
i try to disable Google Play services, then the app Removed and the message stops jump, go to version 8.1.86 and i need to log into my gmail than i got the message to update the Google Play services but when i try to update it i gat the message "cant update app ... error retrieving information from server . so i go and clean cache in the app Google Play stor>> did not help. look like he cennot dawnload the update.
>> i install the Google Play services from a site >> did not help >> i can download apps from Google Play store but the pop-up messages Continues to jump every few seconds.
I tried to turn the power off and on >> did not help.
i force stop the Google Play services >>it is still pop-up .
it occur on wifi and not on wifi.
I have no ideas what to do.

Kmdavis jr

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Me too. Nexus 6 Moto Marshmallow 6.01, security update May 2016. Play Services v 9.0.83 (430-121911109) Frustrating. I have tried everything as well, no joy.

rebeccarochelle22

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Rebooting not worked, clearing the cashe-nope, can't uninstall updates as it is grayed out. Factory reset, did not work. Tried all on Google play store, play services. It's an lg gpad tablet

WilMaTech

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue on nexus6p I've tried all the advice and nothing works can android release an update for this it is infuriating!

Nexus 5x here and same pop up, the phone is so frustrating as it is, now this. At least glad to know not just me.

Roy Bloom1

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Strange - the problem gone? The problem continued for several days.
I removed and re-installed the app several times.
Nothing helped, and suddenly the problem stopped.
I do not know what changed, what it stopped.
Maybe they remotely update the app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Play Services does get auto-updated--you actually can't control that. It's common for Google Play Services errors to appear temporarily when it's being auto-updated, but that usually doesn't last more than a few minutes.

sudhakar vn

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
I have same problem with LG G4 (google play services V8.1.18,play store V5.9.12 ). Attempted wth latest version of both softwares still the same issues persits.

Diraan

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here.

Can't log onto the play store or add my google account because Google Play Services keep stopping. Can't do much of anything on it right now. I'vee tried clearing caches, data, and uninstalling any apps I don't use often. I've tried reinstalling via APK's to the latest versions and then uninstalling, then reinstalling.

If I have to factory reset this phone again (third time in the last 3 months) I will no longer be an Android user by this weekend.

CBurkina

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Having the same problem with Google play services has stopped. Every few seconds. Works OK on my Moto G mobile but can't use my Hudl2 because of this. What is Google doing about it?

Tinkfreak82

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on my lg tablet. I have tried to clear cache and it does not solve the issue. The app does not allow me to uninstall it.

cbonslaver

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Google Play Services does get auto-updated--you actually can't control that. It's common for Google Play Services errors to appear temporarily when it's being auto-updated, but that usually doesn't last more than a few minutes.

I'm having Google play services stopped as well. I have to turn phone off and back on twice a day. Nothing else had worked and I've read a lot of the suggestions. It's been getting hot lately took. I just got a brand new note 5 in June.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan