Unresponsive Touchscreen Discussion

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading engadget for years, for awhile there I liked them better than Gizmodo.

But publishing a few bad stories about Android & EVO the day before the iPhone Pre-order just begs the fact that they could have waited to post those stories until the day before to get anyone on the fence to go iphone route.

I cant take any editor seriously that doesn't list the devices downfalls and its positives, but all I hear on engadget is Apple fanboyism.

Thank god Giz has toned it down.

Edit:

Heres some bad AT&T / Apple Press

iPhone 4 Order Security Breach Exposes Private Information

It's all in your head. I think people tend to look for bias rather than actually finding it. I've read engadget for a while and I don't see any real Apple bias, nor do I have a problem with them posting negative bits about the Evo. It's news. Should they really have waited until after the iPhone pre-order? How in the world is that any better? When it's news, you report it - you don't wait. Engadget has certainly reported negative news about the iPhone before.

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Semi-Solution for unresponsive top of screen

Plug it into the charger! I know this sucks when you're sitting down at a table or something but for in the car use as a gps, etc, plugging it into the charger fixes it right away!

Tested it out about 20x, 10x with charger, 10x without. Charger fixes it!

Feel free to thank me if this helps you :)

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It's all in your head. I think people tend to look for bias rather than actually finding it. I've read engadget for a while and I don't see any real Apple bias, nor do I have a problem with them posting negative bits about the Evo. It's news. Should they really have waited until after the iPhone pre-order? How in the world is that any better? When it's news, you report it - you don't wait. Engadget has certainly reported negative news about the iPhone before.

That buzz they reported today has been going around for weeks, why just now report it ?

Not to mention, they had over 7 Apple related posts the day of their WWDC keynote. Half of them were totally useless and not news.

Atleast TechCrunch is honest about their apple bias.

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Ditto.

And FYI. Engadget and all other tech blogs are retarded. People need to stop reading that opinionated, unedited, often fact-less, dribble. Get a WSJ subscription or something.

:)

Because Mossberg's tech column is less opinionated?

:p

I'm not flaming or trolling... it's just funny. The world of gadgets is 40% opinion, 10% specs, and 50% perceived image. Evidence: The vitriol with which people post when you attack their gadget.

sueda

May 27, 2010
Visit site
If you're having issues with swyping gestures when your EVO is grounded please read!

So let me first begin by stating that I'm an Android Noob and I'm still loving the Evo fourteen days after launch. Anyhow, like many of you, I too, have been having issues with "swype down" gestures when my phone is grounded ( My Evo is a 0002). But I just noticed that when I have my phone plugged into an outlet and grounded on a desk, I have no issues with swyping down. I was wondering if anyone else who is having these issues can test whether this is true for their phones as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogerinsg99