Use Samsung Smart Call with Galaxy S9 on Verizon

jyoonie

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 with Verizon.
I am very happy with my Galaxy S9 and am very happy with Verizon's reception, especially in my area. HOWEVER, I really don't like how Verizon has a tendency to disable things that I should be able to enjoy with my SAMSUNG phone (namely, Samsung Smart Call) and replace it with a service that I need to pay for (and believe to be less aesthetically pleasing) such as Verizon's Caller ID services.

Is there a way I can get Smart Call on my Verizon Galaxy S9? Please?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately unless someone 'rips' the APK of the stock 'stock' phone dialer and Caller ID, nope. You can use a 3rd party service like SyncMe but that's about it.

Not sure if T-Mo doesn't have it or not, because the settings and appearance differs from what is described on the Samsung page, but it does show Spam callers as Spam and can still look up places' phones from the dialer. Maybe Verizon also has it like that and might be just called something different (like when everyone was still doing S-Calendar and they were doing just Calendar)?

nomadd3v

Jan 24, 2019
Visit site
You just need the correct cscfeature.xml and it will have the features.

Do you know which line of code to add to the cscfeature.xml file? I found a decoder and I can use it to re-encode the file. or which version carries the correct cscfeature file?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca