V20 Nougat 7.0

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I would say it's many months away but since you have T-Mobile you can unlock the Bootloader, root, and install Google assistant.

Here it is working on my T-Mobile V20.
d381c380d87830658c6ce1b2363233a6.jpg

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
With the way Nougat 7.0 is currently performing on my V20s they can take their time sending out 7.1. I'm in no rush and I like performance that is as good or superior to what I've become accustomed to so far on the V20.

I write that because all too often we get an OS update that gimps performance or battery life. I don't want to see that happen to my '20s, no matter what "features" 7.1 brings. I saw my Note 4 suffer with the 5.1 update. I've read that the update to this V10 really hurt battery life.

I just want to enjoy my exceptionally performing V20s for a good long while before an update messes them up.

It seems like phones perform best with the OS they came with.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
With the way Nougat 7.0 is currently performing on my V20s they can take their time sending out 7.1. I'm in no rush and I like performance that is as good or superior to what I've become accustomed to so far on the V20.

I write that because all too often we get an OS update that gimps performance or battery life. I don't want to see that happen to my '20s, no matter what "features" 7.1 brings. I saw my Note 4 suffer with the 5.1 update. I've read that the update to this V10 really hurt battery life.

I just want to enjoy my exceptionally performing V20s for a good long while before an update messes them up.

Completely agree. I stopped using my note 4 after the lollipop update, I believe it was that basically took about half the battery life for me away. No matter what I did nothing fixed it. I would rather have security updates and no software updates and the phone working the way it did when I buy a device.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Completely agree. I stopped using my note 4 after the lollipop update, I believe it was that basically took about half the battery life for me away. No matter what I did nothing fixed it. I would rather have security updates and no software updates and the phone working the way it did when I buy a device.
Marshmallow OTA bricked my m8_ they had to send me a replacement. One of the reasons I got the V20 was to avoid a full OS update for as long as possible!

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I like 7 mainly because of the large pin code when I'm not able to use the scanner. Also the overall look is enough to keep me from moving to a new launcher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones