V20 owners: Are you glad you have a Quad DAC?

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
For the most part, I am. In the past few months, I bought a couple of sweet blue tooth buds and forgotten about the built-in DAC. I understand that the DAC with a decent powered phones will beat the BT buds but I'm liking it nonetheless.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Only trick I heard of is to buy an adaptor that adds resistance to the circuit,

i'll have to try the one from ebay i saw in a tutorial once. i've tried several other cable adaptors...i always get the 'external device connected' under DAC setttings which does seem to be an improvement over 'normal'. but i never get volume over 75 which is sometimes necessary on a loud plane. maybe i will look for high impedance noise cancelling headphones for travel. if anyone has a recommendation i would appreciate it.

thank you!!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
i'll have to try the one from ebay i saw in a tutorial once. i've tried several other cable adaptors...i always get the 'external device connected' under DAC setttings which does seem to be an improvement over 'normal'. but i never get volume over 75 which is sometimes necessary on a loud plane. maybe i will look for high impedance noise cancelling headphones for travel. if anyone has a recommendation i would appreciate it. thank you!!

The volume never goes over 75 regardless of mode or impedance. 75 is really Max volume and I don't know why they set it up like that. Usiing Poweramp I can set the app to use it's built in volume control and that will go to 100 but 100 is the same as 75 in the native app.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
The volume never goes over 75 regardless of mode or impedance. 75 is really Max volume and I don't know why they set it up like that. Usiing Poweramp I can set the app to use it's built in volume control and that will go to 100 but 100 is the same as 75 in the native app.

ha! really? i forgot to mention yesterday for a brief moment i got the disconnect the headphones-make a call-connect the headphones to trick the phone into high impedance mode-trick to work. and while it did sound louder you're right it did not go past 75. i wish i could get that mode consistently. will get high impedance headphones next time!

also i had poweramp on my LG V10 that went to 100 and didnt love the interface. i am trying PULSAR on this phone and digging it so far.

thanks for the info!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson