Verizon "Certified Like-New Replacement" device....

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Many people shudder at the notion of receiving a refurbished device. I'm the opposite.. as I actually prefer refurbs. Despite what many people think, they're not phones taken apart, cleaned, and reassembled. The guts will be used parts, cannibalised parts from used devices etc... But the housing/casing will be new, the device gets its own QA treatment -vs- new devices which only samples from batches get the QA treatment, and if it weren't for the sticker under the battery, you'd never know.

It's funny, but people look at me cross-eyed when I actually request a refurb. But in my experience, refurbs tend to be more reliable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I love it when people say $#!+ like OMG they are just sending me someone elses problems! they scrape all returned phones, all they do is save the expensive like the memory, processors, cameras, and LCDs so long they pass there tests then everything else is just 0.02 plastic pieces and they are recycled and everything is replaced with new parts. I bought a NEW facinate and the vibrate broke on it and got a refurb after having the new one for about 45days. needless to say the refurb lasted for 12 months and then sold it. Also bought the Gnex on lauch and it had a dead pixel, replaced and now working flawless. I do believe that the refurbs get tested much more then the new phones.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love it when people say $#!+ like OMG they are just sending me someone elses problems! they scrape all returned phones, all they do is save the expensive like the memory, processors, cameras, and LCDs so long they pass there tests then everything else is just 0.02 plastic pieces and they are recycled and everything is replaced with new parts. I bought a NEW facinate and the vibrate broke on it and got a refurb after having the new one for about 45days. needless to say the refurb lasted for 12 months and then sold it. Also bought the Gnex on lauch and it had a dead pixel, replaced and now working flawless. I do believe that the refurbs get tested much more then the new phones.

I've seen other people express similar opinions regarding the refurbished. How do you know they go more testing than a new phone?

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

The Horak

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I am getting a CLMR Incredible 2 (I know, wrong phone), and I will gladly tell you all how it works out. One thing keeps popping into my head, though. Rarely do people surf and post in forums cause they don't have any problems. Only those with issues do. So, in my opinion, forums are sometimes bad places to get unbiased opinions on things, like CLNR, unless the thread says "Review". Does that make sense?

The Horak

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have no complaints. Everything works very well, the glass screen is peerless, the body is flawless, it's rooted, and I am good to go.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The few replacements I've had over the years have always been solid devices that appear brand new in all aspects.

My experiences with them were with the BB Storm. Unfortunately, nothing could fix a poorly designed phone.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The store rep that ordered the replacement for me assured me that these are not refurbs yet.

I think he/she was just trying to appease you by telling you that as a store rep would have no way of knowing when/if refurbs started being shipped to customers. The store reps don't know the simple things (release dates, specs about phones, etc.) they surely are not going to know replacement warehouse stock.

I received a replacement earlier than yours and it was in great shape but did seem like a refurb to me just by the way it was packaged and shipped. I've heard others receive new in box for replacements when refurbs were not available and mine certainly wasn't packed new in box.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think he/she was just trying to appease you by telling you that as a store rep would have no way of knowing when/if refurbs started being shipped to customers. The store reps don't know the simple things (release dates, specs about phones, etc.) they surely are not going to know replacement warehouse stock.

I received a replacement earlier than yours and it was in great shape but did seem like a refurb to me just by the way it was packaged and shipped. I've heard others receive new in box for replacements when refurbs were not available and mine certainly wasn't packed new in box.

If it didn't come in a box, more than likely it is a certified like used replacement.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's my point to the OP, I got my replacement before he ordered his and mine was a CLN device so his store rep was just blowing smoke to appease him.

I think they place some sort of a sticker underneath the battery that signifies it is refurbished.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Refurbs are phones pulled from the assembly line for one reason or another, fixed and then sent to carriers. Youvarent getting someone else's phone with a refurb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
vzw claims the refurbs are "double checked". that's not true. i got three bad ones when i had probs with my droid inc. the double checked refurbs had worse probs than my original one.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had some BlackBerries that came to me looking like they'd been dropped down a flight of concrete stairs. I've had some other replacements (Droid 3, DInc 2) that looked and acted brand spankin' new. It seriously is a crapshoot.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz