Getting a Certified Like New Replacement

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I am out of warranty but Verizon doesn't offer extended warranty in my state; instead we get extended warranty through Asurion and that means a $100 deductible. I would have gladly paid for total equipment coverage if offered in my state as it is only $1.81 more per month than what I pay for Asurion.

I have been calling about problems with my GNex not holding a 4G LTE signal since about a month after I received it. I was offered a Rezound or a Razr as a replacement but declined for obvious reasons. I was told I live in a weak signal area and that in time the towers would be updated correcting the problem but they couldn't give me a date when this would happen. So I was given a free network extender which stopped the dropped calls but of course didn't improve the 4G LTE problems.

I didn't know anyone who had a Verizon 4G LTE device to compare to, so I assumed what I was told was true and didn't bother asking for a certified like new replacement during my warranty period since I was told it was a problem with the towers, not my phone, and would eventually be corrected.

Then I got my mother an iPhone 5 and was able to do the comparison. The iPhone 5 was not only faster in downloading/uploading data, it could hold a 4G LTE signal in places where the GNex couldn't get a 3G signal.

So I called and explained the situation and since I have been having this problem for so long, they are sending me a CLNR without paying a deductible through Asurion. Again, I would have gladly paid the extra $1.81 per month to have extended warranty coverage through Verizon if it had been available to me.

If the signal of the CLNR I receive is as bad as my current device, I guess I just have to accept that the GNex's problems are due to a bad design by Samsung.

Last edited: