Verizon Droid Cases

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Don't think you will be disappointed. I've used Sena cases on all 3 of my iPhones and love them. The ultra slim is great for putting the phone in your pocket and not having to worry about dust.

That's the reason I ordered it. I have always used a clip on case but really like keeping in my pocket now.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,

Thank you for your interest in Seidio! We are excited to announce that our Innocase Surface in Black will be here soon as well as Ultimate Screen Guards & Holsters to use with or without the Innocase. Android Forum member will be the first ones to know about product updates and inside information on Seidio Products!

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,

Thank you for your interest in Seidio! We are excited to announce that our Innocase Surface in Black will be here soon as well as Ultimate Screen Guards & Holsters to use with or without the Innocase. Android Forum member will be the first ones to know about product updates and inside information on Seidio Products!
Thanks. I will pass along to the VZW customer council too of this new case,holster and screen guard. I have been looking at accessories for my two Droids since launch day, PM me when you get them set up. thanks

Mohawk3

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I use the verizon case + holster combo. I wore my storm on my belt loop and that is where I am putting my Droid. My friends think I am a tool for doing it, but it is faster for me to pull the phone out of the holster than from my pocket.

I think I am going to also get a phantom skin to help protect the screen.

Update: I put a phantom skinz on my Droid and I haven't noticed a decrease in touch sensitivity. Sometimes I do have to touch things twice, but I had to do that before the phantom skinz installation as well.

Edit: I did the screen only with the phantom skinz. My phone is still in the Verizon case + holster combo.

Last edited:

Aelther

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone gotten their Sena cases yet? How are they? I've been considering one, I'm not really a case guy but the lint that gets in my speaker when it's in my pocket is annoying me.

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
Most stores should have a good selection to start with, well for the Droid.

Clear snap on case, the holster/case combo (which im hearing is causing problems with the keyboard) snap on gel case hard to explain, privacy and screen protectors, body glove hard snap on, multimedia dock all should be on hand in most stores.

Eris i have only heard/seen a pouch and a snap on case.

which goonie are u? lol

tealturboser

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
FYI if you guys dont know already why the magnet isnt a good idea it is because that is how the phone goes into Car mode or Multimedia mode. A magnet to the front is Multimedia and a magnet to the rear is Car mode. So if you don't want you phoen to stay on, since it doesnt sleep when in those modes, I suggest you not get a case designed for a Blackberry with a magnet

teknomedic

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Need suggestions on Droid cases or pouches...

I have some specific requirements of a Droid case that can be secured to a belt and I'm having a VERY hard time finding a case.

I guess a "Droid" case could include "universal" cases as well. I'm open to any suggestions but here are all the requirements I need in the pouch or case:

Must attach to a belt vertically (up & down) and NOT horizontally (left & right).

Must have an attachment "loop" near the top of the pouch so that I can attach a "carabiner" similar to this to the pouch and around a belt loop for extra securement of the pouch.
carabiner-with-key-ring.gif

Must have a flap that secures the phone with a clasp similar to this (please no "just Velcro" or magnets):
clasp_small.jpg

Prefer that the pouch or case is made of canvas or similar material and would prefer it's NOT made of leather.

Water proof (or close to it) would be nice, but it's not required. Mostly, the less "holes" the better.

Finally, the pouch should have just enough room for me to keep my rubber body glove protector on the Droid without either requiring me to remove it or for me to use dynamite to get the Droid back out of the case.

If you're wondering... I'm a paramedic and work outside a lot and I find myself upside down inside wrecked cars and "not so clean or dry" places and require a case that can protect the Droid from both damage and loss. Looking "cool" or "sleek" is not a requirement.

I did have a case like this for my last phone, but of course it's far too small to hold a Droid. :(

Thanks for any suggestions or websites on this subject. :)

Last edited:

teknomedic

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I did find and purchase these two cases as a "test" and here are the problems with each:

METAL_CLIP_CASE5.gif

Currently the case I'm using, but it has two main flaws.... first, there's no clasp that can hold the case shut and I have to rely solely on the velcro which has already opened numerous times during my work days. The other issue is that it's "just" large enough for the Droid and I was forced to remove my rubberized "body glove" protector from the Droid. If you could add a clasp AND make the inside just large enough for a Droid with rubber body protector, it would be perfect for me. Finally, (it's a smaller issue) is that at the bottom of the case the two corners are simply holes that expose the Droid a bit more to the outside weather... not ideal, but acceptable if the other features were included.

!B,sH)p!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKiYEjlLmfcsHBKsnIk1rVg~~_12.JPG

This one is worse, but does have two features I need... the secure clasp and it's got the perfect inside size to keep my rubberized "body glove" on the Droid without issue. The rest of it is a story of "almosts". It doesn't include a "flap" at the top of the case to help protect against bad weather while outside. There's no "secure loop" at the top to allow me to use a carabiner for extra securement and contrary to the picture... this case secures on a belt on it's "side" via Velcro (of all things) forcing the Droid to be "left & right" on my side VS "up & down".

If I could combine the two I'd have my perfect Droid case... but saddly my search continues....

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out should I be useing the verizon case holder combo my screen is getting really hard to open

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
On RAM's site, the folks with the windshield holders, they're showing the iphony being about the same size as the Droid...I'm wondering if that's the 'case' in shopping for a case?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I may just have to switch out to the phantom skins. Its way to hard to slide my screen with the verizon case holster combo. Without its like butter sliding

tStorm

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I keep mine naked and use it as intended... no bulky cases, no gross looking plastics... just have to be very, very careful. :)