Verizon: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

BonJoviGurl

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
The only quirk I have is a few times my phone called people I recently texted. I've had that occur with several Samsung phones. I haven't set anything up to do that so not sure why it happens. Not a big deal just a lite quirk.

Does it happen when you have the contact open and bring the phone by your face, I was just wondering if direct calling is happening. Do you have direct dial checked to be applied?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The only quirk I have is a few times my phone called people I recently texted. I've had that occur with several Samsung phones. I haven't set anything up to do that so not sure why it happens. Not a big deal just a lite quirk.

Does it happen when you have the contact open and bring the phone by your face, I was just wondering if direct calling is happening. Do you have direct dial checked to be applied?
No jist happens randomly, usually it's in my hand or a pocket, or in/near the Otter box belt holder

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I did see direct call enabled so I shut it off. I think on previous phones that feature has turned itself back on because it's happened a few times afterwards with them. Will see on this beast.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No jist happens randomly, usually it's in my hand or a pocket, or in/near the Otter box belt holder
Also, you might want to turn this on in display settings.

1ebbf12e533cd0b5ac28af41ecb89edf.jpg

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Most likely the text app is open and there is an accidental touch on the call icon mine does it sometimes when wearing athletic shorts and the screen facing my leg, to protect it from impacts because i can be clumsy. Sometimes my leg watches a video, wants to listen to music, or maybe it is just lonely and makes a call...LOL

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Most likely the text app is open and there is an accidental touch on the call icon mine does it sometimes when wearing athletic shorts and the screen facing my leg, to protect it from impacts because i can be clumsy. Sometimes my leg watches a video, wants to listen to music, or maybe it is just lonely and makes a call...LOL

No one likes a lonely leg! 🤣🤣🤣

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
@bsteppuhn.... LMAO!!!

I am still holding out for a sale or BOGO, as my daughter wants the Note 8 as well. I have a few months left on the S8 plus 50% upgrade plan, or pay $150 and that gets me to the 50% for an upgrade which I am willing to do.

Has anyone looked on Verizon to confirm the Note 8 is eligible for the pay 50% and upgrade program?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

So funny. The other day my boob took a video of me putting my dog in the car, and hilariously telling him how good he did on his walk. It also took a few selfies. I will never understand how that happens with a locked phone shoved into my sports bra.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
@bsteppuhn.... LMAO!!!

I am still holding out for a sale or BOGO, as my daughter wants the Note 8 as well. I have a few months left on the S8 plus 50% upgrade plan, or pay $150 and that gets me to the 50% for an upgrade which I am willing to do.

Has anyone looked on Verizon to confirm the Note 8 is eligible for the pay 50% and upgrade program?

I owed $115.00 on my Note 5, December upgrade. VZ gave me credit for this balance and another $90.00 for loyalty and for keeping me on VZ for another two years and ordering the Note 8 which I received in two days. VZ gives nothing away... you've got to ask for it. Good luck!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I owed $115.00 on my Note 5, December upgrade. VZ gave me credit for this balance and another $90.00 for loyalty and for keeping me on VZ for another two years and ordering the Note 8 which I received in two days. VZ gives nothing away... you've got to ask for it. Good luck!
Exactly. I got Verizon to match the best buy offer and did the 50% trade in, and no best buy crap to deal with. Win win for me.

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Can confirm you can do this with little trouble. I mentioned the BestBuy deal, then the deals mentioned here, ad told them I'd like a credit for teh remainder on my Note 5 ($144.15) plus $90 loyalty plus the 50% off with trade-in credit, and it was done. 2 minutes in a chat plus 2 minutes with telesales.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
So funny. The other day my boob took a video of me putting my dog in the car, and hilariously telling him how good he did on his walk. It also took a few selfies. I will never understand how that happens with a locked phone shoved into my sports bra.

Does you boobs have tinder? Better watch the secret files in your phone :)

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Does you boobs have tinder? Better watch the secret files in your phone :)

Lol, no Tinder. The boob would not have gotten any hits. It was 4 pics with smears of brown with parts of a smeared sky. When I watched/ listened to the video, it was obvious what happened! I was talking some serious baby talk to my dog. Lol...

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Can confirm you can do this with little trouble. I mentioned the BestBuy deal, then the deals mentioned here, ad told them I'd like a credit for teh remainder on my Note 5 ($144.15) plus $90 loyalty plus the 50% off with trade-in credit, and it was done. 2 minutes in a chat plus 2 minutes with telesales.

Not sure how people are doing this. I have tried twice...once over chat abd once over phone....wint even match beat buy $150 let alone anything else.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Its's not beat buy... its best buy... no wonder they wouldn't match.... :|

hahaha... JK :p

Just keep trying you just have to find the right rep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress