Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Finally got it and did a factory reset. Everything seems to be running smoothly. A couple of force closed apps at the beginning but none since.

This might make me think twice about getting a S6 Edge. lol

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Everything works good except the smart lock using my 360 with the fingerprint scanner . I could access the notification form the lock screen I change my lock codebto pin and it work fine now

Posted via the Android Central App

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I cant see notifications on my lockscreen anymore. Not actually liking this update.

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I updated to lollipop this afternoon and noticed my note 4 was lagging so I wiped the device cache and it fixed that for the most part but I then also discovered that the update ruined wifi connection speeds wifi is slower than molasses in winter now the 1 or 2 bars of 4g is faster and I have 50+mbps internet connection but the phone pulls half that according to the speed test app but yet when I go to surf the net on wifi it is useless!! and takes a long time to login to clash of clans game for example. Any idea what is going on with my note 4???? I am glad I am still within my 14 day return window so I can go swap it out if need be. Any help would be appreciated

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
After 2 hard resets and 3 hours of RE-setting up my phone, I only lost my pictures and the use of my OG Samsung SD card (RIP 2010-2015). Worth it though my Note is faster than ever and the animations look great!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I was having some problems with the SMS app CHOMP when I was using..it was crashing quite a bit, so some 1 suggested going to developer options on the phone and changing it from Dalvik to ART...And i did that been using the phone for a few days..

now got this option and i didn't change from ART back to Dalvik..will that be a problem with the update..I mean I am in middle of the update as I type this!

Tatt2014

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Same exact thing happened to me, I ended up turning off wifi and just downloading it.it took all together about 7 minutes and used 1gb. I would not have done it like that if I didn't have 10 gb a month on my plan,but it shot right through without wifi,hope this helps you

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It took about three hours to download and install it last night.... however I think it works great... seems to anyway. The camera did speed up and to me looks like it takes better pictures... I like the dialer better.... I dont like the orange messager but I can deal with it.... The only problem I kept having is the google play error and finally this morning it let me update it and the error went away. I haven't really used it too much to notice any other changes.

zeroefx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Everything works well on my part. For what I see so far. I wiped my phone after installing and it's great so far.

The only issue I have is with Google Play Music. I have a S-View cover and I'm unable to change the tracks from the S-View screen (cover closed) pretty sure I was able to do that before. When I open the case the lock screen allows me to change tracks but who wants to do that every time they want to change a track? Is anyone else having this problem and/or any solution to fix?

zeroefx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Everything works well on my part. For what I see so far. I wiped my phone after installing and it's great so far.

The only issue I have is with Google Play Music. I have a S-View cover and I'm unable to change the tracks from the S-View screen (cover closed) pretty sure I was able to do that before. When I open the case the lock screen allows me to change tracks but who wants to do that every time they want to change a track? Is anyone else having this problem and/or any solution to fix?

NM... I'm stupid. It doesn't work if you stop the track and the phone goes to sleep and wakes back up in S-View. But if you let the track play and close it, it works fine. You have to restart the album/play list from the actual lock screen if you stop the music.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Like several folks in this thread, I downloaded and installed last evening - when complete, Facebook App (which Lollipop re-installed) wouldn't work properly as with KitKat so I dumped it as before. I had the same "Google" error message twice but not since - that's it! All my other Apps work fine - I was up until 1:00 AM playing with the phone - no problems. The one thing that concerns me is the "Radio" - I have consistently had a 4G connection at my house, upstairs and in the basement where the computers are. Since the update, I'm falling back to 3G downstairs - it will occasionally pop up to 4G but I haven't experienced seeing 3G on a phone in like three years at my house! I "wiped cache" but don't really want to deal with a "Factory Reset" at this point! Anyone else see a loss in "Verizon" LTE signal since Lollipop update?

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I am having an issue with the setting app. I go to Settings -> Choose "Sounds and Notifications". I then the setting app dies. Any ideas? I have cleared the cache.

Trent

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
After 2 hard resets and 3 hours of RE-setting up my phone, I only lost my pictures and the use of my OG Samsung SD card (RIP 2010-2015). Worth it though my Note is faster than ever and the animations look great!

You don't back your pics up to Google?? It's free and unlimited space. How people lose pics is beyond me these days lol

bluemoongreg

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Good- Advanced Calling, lock screen notifications, mult-window responsiveness, camera launch is faster.

Meh- Pretty much everything else.

Bad- Force fed social media apps. Easy enough to disable (but can't remove), so not a huge deal. Still, would feel better if I could give the person responsible for that decision a swift kick in the rear.

No bugs yet. Knew this was coming soon so had everything backed up as best I could, & did a factory reset immediately after the update.

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Only problems I've noticed so far are the Sound and Notification causes Settings to force close and food mode crashes modes in camera.
I did think we were supposed to get the RAW option in the camera with this update though and I can't find that.

Everything else appears to work great and battery life is better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000