Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset and all is well.... Battery life isn't the best. I'm @ 52% by the end of the day instead of 70%.

Posted via the Android Central App

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is a bug or just something that bugs me but why doesn't anything happen when I click on the lockscreen notifications?

hmm..It takes me to the app whose notification is present on the lock screen..It's funny though I though swiping it away would take me to the app, atleast swiping it to the right!
oh well..

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
hmm..It takes me to the app whose notification is present on the lock screen..It's funny though I though swiping it away would take me to the app, atleast swiping it to the right!
oh well..

Tapping it seems to highlight it. When I swipe the screen to unlock it unlocks to that app.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Auto brightness does not work as well as it use to. It doesnt go as dim in darker rooms and always seems to be a bit too bright for any given situation.

I don't think this is new. Auto brightness never dimmed enough in dark places for me. What I do in a dark environment is turn the auto brightness off and set the screen brightness to its lowest setting and that does the trick.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
How come my back button and menu buttons don't illuminate or work?

And, where's my 4G?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I can no longer access the "Sound and notification", when I try I get the following error " Unfortunately, Settings has stopped". Very annoying. I had selected to hide sensitive info; but cannot get back in to make any modifications.

Has anyone else seen this problem after upgrading?

I have the exact same problem. I cleared cache but it didn't fix anything. I'm hoping there is a fix eventually.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
how is this different from using 4G to send MMS? Somehow our phones were able to switch back and forth when needed.

VOLTE functions different than MMS. I would have to look up the details again but I know the towers had to be reprogrammed and activated for VOLTE. All the phones Verizon carries that have VOLTE enabled do the same thing.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Auto brightness does not work as well as it use to. It doesnt go as dim in darker rooms and always seems to be a bit too bright for any given situation.

I've stopped using Auto Brightness years ago when I find the Display Brightness app.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...berbigpepper.DisplayBrightness&token=45Nycw6M

You can very quickly and easily change the brightness just by sliding your finger on the screen no matter what app you are using (game, movie, video, etc) without exiting the app or going to settings or pulling down the notification bar.

It even has negative brightness for when you are in a really dark room and don't want your screen to blind you.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
battery life has been terrible with lollipop.

Have you done a factory reset? I was having the same issues with battery and a reset seems to have made it better. Still a little worse than kitkat but I believe that to be the fact that it is constantly connected to 4G for advanced calling.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I can no longer access the "Sound and notification", when I try I get the following error " Unfortunately, Settings has stopped". Very annoying. I had selected to hide sensitive info; but cannot get back in to make any modifications.

Has anyone else seen this problem after upgrading?

I have the exact same problem. I cleared cache but it didn't fix anything. I'm hoping there is a fix eventually.

Is it possible that you have sounds on your SD card that maybe causing this? Maybe a sound was set as a ring tone or notification that is no longer there?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i click on the app and it takes me directly to that app..lol

Then if I tap it I see the second pic. "swipe to unlock" if I swipe it takes me to the text or whatever.

Attachments

• 1428427183518.jpg
    1428427183518.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 1428427224875.jpg
    1428427224875.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 61

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't wanna make a new thread for this but I am having a weird problem after the update. Usually in the texting app at midnight it will indicate that the date has changed. So for example at exactly 12 am it will insert a date stamp in the convo. Since the update it changes the date stamp at 1am for the last two nights. Has anyone else experienced this? It's really not a big deal but still kind of annoying that the date stamp gets changed at 1am instead of midnight like it should and always would before the update. Thanks for any help.

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 Verizon 5.01

Just noticed, I can't listen to a visual voicemail unless I put it on speaker. If I try to hold the phone to my ear, my ear or something triggers it back to a lock screen. THAT is really annoying. Didn't the morons in development even try to listen to a voicemail and notice this?

Anyone else on Verizon with visual voicemail notice this? From the main vm screen, you can see the speech to text version of the vm, if you hit the triangle play button as, soon as you put the phone to your ear, poof back to lock screen. If you have visual vm, try it

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
2 major issues for me that are very frustrating.

1) YouTube is laggy, longer videos frequently stop or stutter with the frames sticking and audio cutting in and out when this happens. I tried "uninstalling" YouTube but no dice.

2) Bluetooth playback also randomly stops or stutters.

Other then that it's been okay, I can't say I actually like the update I liked my phone better with kitkat but such is life. The two issues above are huge to me due to the amount of media consumption I do so if anyone has a fix let me know

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the you tube problem last night as well. Even a short video froze on me. I had to go back and start again. Next time it played all the way through

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else on Verizon with visual voicemail notice this? From the main vm screen, you can see the speech to text version of the vm, if you hit the triangle play button as, soon as you put the phone to your ear, poof back to lock screen. If you have visual vm, try it

I just tried it on my phone Ron... it works fine. The screen does not lock and I am able to listen to the message on the handset without speaker selected???

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I just tried it on my phone Ron... it works fine. The screen does not lock and I am able to listen to the message on the handset without speaker selected???

thanks for trying, really weird it does that to me, as soon as my ear touches the screen the sound stops, I look, it's at the lock screen.
Thanks much!