Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Who's picking one up on Thursday?

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
There's a corporate store half a mile from my work. I plan on going at lunch to get one. I can't wait to have the reps who know less than i do try to convince me that i need stuff that i don't.

Posted from the Avengers: Age of Droid Ultra

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Who's picking one up on Thursday?

Has anyone heard anything about preorders? One site said they were supposed to start at 1pm EST today. Obviously nothing is available right now.

I have a Verizon rep calling me around 5pm (3 hours from now) because my line needs "manager approval" to be upgraded. Hoping I can just tell them to preorder and hopefully come home from class Thursday to a shiny new Turbo :)

Brian Singleton

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I will be at my Verizon store (OK, it is actually a kiosk at the train station) at 8am on Thursday. My Razr Maxx HD is dying a horrible death since the Kit Kat update, and I am due for an upgrade. Wonder if there will be any sort of rush on these, or if it isn't nearly "mainstream" enough...

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I had already taken the day off Friday, so I extended it to Thursday as well so I can just walk in when they open and pick up a 64GB. I might (maybe) drop by the store on my way home Wednesday just to try my luck with an early score. No harm, no foul if they won't sell it. At least I should be able to confirm whether or not they have the 64GB in stock.

hazardouse21

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I'll probably go to the store either Thursday or this weekend to at least check them out. I'm pretty sold on the 64gb one though

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Going to Verizon Thursday morning.
Buying the 64, full price and keeping my unlimited data.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Same here. You really have to hold it and look at it before you judge. Probably go in this weekend to look. In my area the corporate store sells iPhones and Samsungs. Everything else is relegated to a forgotten corner of the store. I'm pretty sure if I buy one before the weekend mine will be the first they sell!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to preorder so I can avoid dealing with those reps.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I find dealing with the reps to be quite entertaining. I have a feeling they'll try to sell me a Droid mini and say its like an iPhone only smaller

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I find dealing with the reps to be quite entertaining. I have a feeling they'll try to sell me a Droid mini and say its like an iPhone only smaller

I wouldn't be surprised, haha.

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a store near work. I would prefer to pre order.

Think going in at open is my best shot? Every Thursday I have meetings from noon til 5 so I take an early lunch anyway.

So glad I wavered on the new Moto X. I only found out about this phone recently.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Will take a long look on Saturday. Especially at the camera, which is what stopped me from getting a Maxx.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I'm def getting the 64GB version, however, I will be waiting for it to drop to $199. Whether that is black Friday or sooner, I'm willing to wait.

My guess is sooner with the recently crowded Android flagship market (N6, Z3V, Note 4, and Moto X)

This message was emitted from Uranus

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I think I am going to have to wait until I can hold it and Nexus 6. It will be a tough choice. I am leaning towards the Nexus right now, but if it is too big, the Turbo will be perfect.

arkuti

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site

I won't be picking one up on Thursday, but will as soon as they have some good deals on their plans. I'm still on unlimited data, but only use about 1GB per month. I don't mind dropping to a 2GB plan, but just don't want to pay any more than I'm paying now.

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know what time verizon posts phones online for sale? Is it 12am est ,12am pst or some other time?

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

I'll be there 10am on Thursday if I can't manage to find one tomorrow, which I guess is pretty unlikely anyway. Couldn't get one today either.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I bought my maxx last year at 9:05 am on launch day and the rep I dealt with was fantastic. It was very professional, he asked me once about accessories but didn't press when I said no thanks, and I was out the door with the phone at 9:25 am.