Verizon Note 4 update

IrishSoul

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Update. I updated the day it came out. The only issue...so far was battery life was horrible. I had wiped cache and nothing changed. I decided to do a factory wipe. I let battery die...still drained fast, then did a non fast charge. I am glad to say that I am back to 20+ hours of battery life. A factory wipe is a pain, but I actually did not mind, as it cleaned up a bunch of stuff I did not need.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-05-16-36-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-05-16-36-32.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 150

anon(377121)

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Update made my phone unusable while I was away at a wedding. Had to do a factory reset and now everything works... Couldn't log into my Gmail since 2step verification relied on my phone and I had to go two days at a wedding without anyones contact information.

Since I sorted it all out though, I really like the update.

geoff215

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I just received my new Note 4 on Friday. After going through the setup the Lolipop update came through. I allowed the update and everything seemed OK except that the phone got very hot. The battery usage seemed high but being unfamiliar with the new phone I used it for a day and it still seemed to be using a lot of battery. I did the cache wipe which didn't seem to help and finally gave in and did factory reset. The battery now seems to be performing much better. Still getting used to the new device, but it is smooth and fast and seems pretty awesome coming from a RAZR Maxx hd...

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had the update for several days now. Battery life stabilized over the weekend, and my standby battery life seems to be at least the equal of KitKat, may be better. This week will be the better test with full work days.

Lollipop is running more smoothly than KK. As many have stated in the past, KK animations would occasionally 'snag', and the app switcher and camera had noticeable lag at launch. I have not seen any of these 3 issues since the Lollipop update, not to mention the new animations are nice (and smooth). Overall, I really like the update.

I did not do a FDR.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hows overall battery life? Better or worse compared to kitkat?
Mine hasn't been awesome but hasn't been horrible. Got 15 hours on use with almost 4 hours of screen on time on 4G all day. Normally I would have gotten around 20-21 hours with that kind of usage

Hopefully it will get better. If not, well I'm glad I have extra batteries and an external battery charger lol

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I was really hoping this update would solve my metadata issue with my car. Damn Sammy why can't you get this right!

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Got my OTA update a couple of days. I just have a couple of issues:
1. The Gallery app force closes after just a few seconds every time I launch it. I wiped cache but still did not solve the issue.
2. I kept getting push notification that Amazon App was not working. So I had to turn it off.

Besides that I am happy with the performance. I have not really kept tab on the battery life so I cannot say whether it has improved or worsened.

I did notice that voice feedback on S-Voice came back after this update. I am happy.

I still cannot get Google Maps to use my SVOX voice though.

Trem44

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Is anybody having email issues? My emails aren't coming through right away. Always have to do a manual refresh to see if I have any new emails.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having wifi and 4g on the notifications bar working at the same time?. Most of the time while on wifi the date transfers through the wifi logo arrows. But sometimes, the 4g arrows are sending data back and forth. Can figure this thing out still.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Has there been any fix to Settings closing when trying to adjust volume/notifications?

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Update. I updated the day it came out. The only issue...so far was battery life was horrible. I had wiped cache and nothing changed. I decided to do a factory wipe. I let battery die...still drained fast, then did a non fast charge. I am glad to say that I am back to 20+ hours of battery life. A factory wipe is a pain, but I actually did not mind, as it cleaned up a bunch of stuff I did not need.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

This site provides the best source of information regarding lithium-ion batteries. Tons of true info there. I think it was just coincidence and that your battery needed to readjust.
But I've got to ask, 20+ hours of life out of a note 4? What do you do with it? I haven't seen 20+ hours of life out of a battery since the days of the Motorola Razr. Unless my Note 4 is idle all day, there's no way I'm ever going to see even 10 hours. Do other people here get 20 hours without a charge? Or am I alone here?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries – Battery University

This site provides the best source of information regarding lithium-ion batteries. Tons of true info there. I think it was just coincidence and that your battery needed to readjust.
But I've got to ask, 20+ hours of life out of a note 4? What do you do with it? I haven't seen 20+ hours of life out of a battery since the days of the Motorola Razr. Unless my Note 4 is idle all day, there's no way I'm ever going to see even 10 hours. Do other people here get 20 hours without a charge? Or am I alone here?

I get all day use without a charge, well beyond 10 hours. Most days I have over 30% battery left when I put it on the charger for the evening, which on average is a 16-18 hour day. I have only seen the battery hit the 20% mark once or twice this year, and that was due to pretty heavy gaming sessions when I was without my tablet. Otherwise, I would classify my use as moderate.

I came from the Maxx, which had excellent battery life as well. For the most part, the Note 4 has matched that experience.