Verizon Note 4 update

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
We are off to a good start so far. Let's see what a full day of lollipop and my battery look like!

So really enjoying the update here.

Update: going to be pissed if this battery meter is right lol 10 hours left? Total of 12 hours of usage?

Pshhhh

928922479c77a61b0d067ff0c27f4776.jpg

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
No additional cost for the service of HD calling and video calling, but video calling uses data I believe and I think minutes too. HD calling just uses minutes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct. Basically, you are just on the VoLTE phone call and are just toggling on the camera when you need it. The call stays connected the whole time, but you can choose when to turn the camera on and off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yousef Muslih

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Please help after the lollipop update my phone blinks 4glte when I'm connected to wifi, does this mean I'm using data while on wifi? I have download booster turned off in settings does anyone else notice this issue I never had this happen with kitkat

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I updated to lollipop this afternoon and noticed my note 4 was lagging so I wiped the device cache and it fixed that for the most part but I then also discovered that the update ruined wifi connection speeds wifi is slower than molasses in winter now the 1 or 2 bars of 4g is faster and I have 50+mbps internet connection but the phone pulls half that according to the speed test app but yet when I go to surf the net on wifi it is useless!! and takes a long time to login to clash of clans game for example. Any idea what is going on with my note 4???? I am glad I am still within my 14 day return window so I can go swap it out if need be. Any help would be appreciated
No ideas but that isn't normal. Wifi works fine for me. Even on a weaker signal, I still get the same speeds as I would get on a hard line. uploadfromtaptalk1428152452609.jpg

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I got it last night, they pushed it out in two updates back to back. So far I'm noticing that everything is more fluid. My battery life is even better than when I had Kitkat.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Got the update installed before we went to dinner last night. After we ate I went on Redbox app to reserve a movie but I just got a black screen. Rebooted and it seemed to help but things overall didn't feel right. Did a factory reset last night and other than having to log into stuff it seems to be good.

I think the factory reset is good because it let's you go through the lollipop version new phone wizard stuff. Eases you into 5.0

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Got the update installed before we went to dinner last night. After we ate I went on Redbox app to reserve a movie but I just got a black screen. Rebooted and it seemed to help but things overall didn't feel right. Did a factory reset last night and other than having to log into stuff it seems to be good.

I think the factory reset is good because it let's you go through the lollipop version new phone wizard stuff. Eases you into 5.0

I won't really mind doing a factory reset if I need to and I almost want to in order to maximize my phone.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm at 87% and have 14 hours left according to my battery. This update is great to be honest. Haven't had one issue w/ the exception of the phone getting super hot when upgrading. I was also having an issue where I couldn't get the home launcher to stay constant and actually found out what it was after the upgrade so that made me even happier.

Phone is fast, smooth, LOVE the notification panel on the lock screen, still looking into other things but so far, great update!!

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Just updated to lollipop this morning. Verizon. So far no problems at all. Super fast, open apps button come up much quicker. No more stutters or lag. "Contacts not working" and other notifications that popped up daily are gone. Everything is much more fluid. I received 2 updates . When finished it took about 10mins until googly play reinstalled and all was working perfectly.

Old Guy 59

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Updated this afternoon via Wi-Fi....and everything went well.....until the final reboot and then....
com.sec.imsservice errors
Cleared the cache.
Followed all the suggestions I could find online.....no joy.
Talked to Verizon....they were willing to send me a replacement phone....in a couple of days.
Finally had to resort to a Factory Reset.
That worked....but it is a pain.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Not awesome but not terrible. Off the charger at 5:45am. Didn't even use Facebook all that much and for some reason it was a battery sucker.

4G almost the whole day.

4c0b7005961dd83a7d3d65fcb8e4c388.jpg

ef7354a5e7205f2edbb90a54df2a197f.jpg

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
No additional cost for the service of HD calling and video calling, but video calling uses data I believe and I think minutes too. HD calling just uses minutes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Video calling using data just like Skype. HD calling is just minutes and will only work if the other person has HD calling too.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I ended up having to do a factory reset. My battery ended up lasting only a few hours and was getting hot to the touch. Plus, for whatever reason, the heart rate detector was constantly starting up. Several people commented about the red glow coming from my pocket. It sucks having to do a reser, but things seems to be soo much better now.