Verizon release date

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I am as well the only bonus I have seen to this whole situation is I have all my accessories already. (minus one of the cases I want but that one is shipping next week) Yes I am THAT bad at waiting!

You just have to hope that Verizon doesn't move the the mic holes like on the Note 4!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
You just have to hope that Verizon doesn't move the the mic holes like on the Note 4!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

So verizons note 4 has speakers in a different place than the other models that's crazy... I'm not worried tho I've modded cases and phones before.

Well spare battery and battery charger won't change lol

rebar121

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Can't tell you deeply. But I can tell you this. Verizon's approving process is always more strict than other carriers. But it always gives less problem than other carriers. Passing FCC doesn't mean it will be released a week later. Each carriers have their own process to approve phones and release in the market. In case of Verizon, its more strict than others. But it will come eventually.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy Note Edge

Yeah look at when the turbo cleared fcc and when verizon released it it was like a month and a half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
my contract on my Note 2 has expired. So I am ready.

Although I am not that motivated to switch from my Note 2. It's such a stellar phone and have put it side by side with the Edge and the Note 4 and they basically have the same screen size. So, I am not that eager to swap, but will grab the Edge on the first day of release. I am sure it will be fun!!!

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm so bad at waiting..

Posted with my Note 3 via Android Central App

Take it from someone who is also bad at waiting. The Edge is totally worth it. I've had an AT&T one now for about 10 days now. I LOVE it! My hubby has the Note 4 which is absolutely a good second option. Very nice build on both of these.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I also switched to AT&T. The Edge cost me nothing out of pocket. I went on the NEXT 24 month plan and it was only about $6 a month more than paying $399 and $25 per month under the standard AT&T.

Plus they had a 15 gig shared for the price of 10 gig shared special. We switched 4 phones and now have: 1 Edge, 1 iPhone 6, 1 iPhone 5s, and 1 iPhone 5c - All phone were free with the NEXT plan.

The best part is we get $150 per line for switching after 45 days so $600 for 4 line switches coming soon.

I went with Verizon before because they had by far the best coverage 2-3 years ago, but after researching a bit, it seems ATT has closed the gap.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that VZW is also offering $150 a line for people to switch. It's like the old days of long distance companies paying $100 to switch.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
No money down is not the same thing as free. That's over $2,000 worth of phones that you have there.

I know that but with the NEXT plan there was no upfront cost and 24 payments before an upgrade is possible.

So
Edge was $31 per month and $0 upfront phone charge vs. $25/mo + $399
iPhone 6 was $25 per month and $0 upfront phone charge vs. $25/mo + $299
iPhone 5s was $20 per month and $0 upfront phone charge vs. $25/mo + $99
iPhone 5c was $13 per month and $0 upfront phone charge vs. $25/mo + $1

So instead of paying $100/mo and $789 upfront for the phones, we are paying $89 per month and $0 down.

Two catches. One, we had to pay tax $164 tax on the purchase of the phones which was our walk out of the store cost for the 4 smartphones. Two, to actually own the phones we need to pay for or keep the phones an 6 extra months past the 24 NEXT plan ($534 total).

Still comes out a lot cheaper and I was glad to not walk out of the ATT store not spending ~$850 up front. I am fortunate that my wife wanted the smaller cheaper 5s and my 12 year old is ecstatic with the even cheaper option of a 5c. Plus I get the $600 line change credit in 45 days!

My son with the iPhone 6 likes Androids better but he says everyone at college has iPhones and they all rely heavily on iMessage to communicate. He already jailbroke his iphone 6 which makes it a lot closer to an android as far as widgets and control. My wife is a Luddite and likes the simpleness of the iPhone. My 12 year old daughter likes the status symbol of an iPhone. I like the latest and greatest gadgets.

don.fief

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Waiting, not so patiently... Then, I see a new reply to this thread, only to click on it and see that somebody else also has no idea when it is coming to Verizon.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
If your contract is up, just go to Att and get $150 per phone switch bonus. Time will tell when I travel and test ATTs data service around the country. Verizon data is top notch but i believe from what I have read ATT is catching up and almost equal now.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Verizon website you can find the Note Edge notification page which says that its coming soon. You can also enter your email address and they will send you an email when there is more information.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Verizon website you can find the Note Edge notification page which says that its coming soon. You can also enter your email address and they will send you an email when there is more information.
A lot of us have signed up and not an email update so far.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
dratted verizon.....i can't believe, ok yes i can, that it's taking them so long to release this phone. i've almost given up and just gone with the note 4 a million times....grrrrrr so irritating. seriously is getting hard not to switch carriers. the reliability of my call connection has gone to crap over the last 6months or so, they're lucky that so far i'm a creature of habit and that switching my whole family over would be a nightmare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001