Verizon release date

rebar121

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my patience is running thin also. This is one phone I have wanted since the day they announced it. How about it Mazingdc5 anything new??

Nathan8998

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah my patience is running thin also. This is one phone I have wanted since the day they announced it. How about it Mazingdc5 anything new??

The only new news I've seen just today is that verizon is not got to sell the white edge now. And of course that's the color I wanted. I'm leaning towards the note 4 everyday.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The only new news I've seen just today is that verizon is not got to sell the white edge now. And of course that's the color I wanted. I'm leaning towards the note 4 everyday.

Yeah I just read that too. That is the only color that I wanted in that device. I was also disappointed to find out that as of now, some of my favorite phone accessory companies do not plan on creating accessories for the device like Spigen, Pro Clip and others.

It is interesting, that if you go the Verizon Note Edge launch screen page, you will see the Note Edge in white and black. So, I wonder if they will carry it in white after all. I really do not like the Note 4 in White. I have a Note 3 in white right now.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
If you go to Samsung's page for the Edge and click carrier Verizon it only shows Charcoal. Since I am putting it into a case not really worried about color. I wish UAG would do a black and red theme for obvious reasons! :)

Nathan8998

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Was told by a Verizon rep that it will be out 12-26! He said they waited because there was a lot of problems with it and now they think they have them fixed.

This was on verizon website in the Edge forums.???

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it's great for VZW to take their time. But what issues are they talking about, that haven't surfaced on the release from the other carriers.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Was told by a Verizon rep that it will be out 12-26! He said they waited because there was a lot of problems with it and now they think they have them fixed.

This was on verizon website in the Edge forums.???

ATT and other carries paid to get an earlier release IMHO

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Its definitely NOT coming out 12/26. Its not even in their list of upcoming devices. Interesting that it is taking so long. Glad I have the Note 4 to hold me over in the meantime though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Its definitely NOT coming out 12/26. Its not even in their list of upcoming devices. Interesting that it is taking so long. Glad I have the Note 4 to hold me over in the meantime though.

*Sigh* its not going to be easy to get this phone on another carrier at this point so I guess I will wait and see when it actually drops. As word gets out that other carriers are close to coverage Verizon isnt going to have the "best network" to fall back on to make up for their other constantly happening mistakes.

What could Verizon have possibly screwed up on this phone that a month later there is not even a peep of a true roll out?

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
dratted verizon.....i can't believe, ok yes i can, that it's taking them so long to release this phone. i've almost given up and just gone with the note 4 a million times....grrrrrr so irritating. seriously is getting hard not to switch carriers. the reliability of my call connection has gone to crap over the last 6months or so, they're lucky that so far i'm a creature of habit and that switching my whole family over would be a nightmare.

Switching was easy. After everyone decided on their phone, it took an hour and a half at the ATT store for all 4 phones. We did wait until everyone's phones completed their contract so now everyone is in sync and future upgrades or carrier switches will be easy if there are new phone worth getting. Maybe in a few years, T-Mobile's data network will rival Verizon and ATT and I'll go there and save money.

don.fief

May 21, 2012
Visit site

How do you know? Do you have info on the actual date?

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Anybody have any news. I know a bunch of us Big Red folk are going to hope to see something in this thread soon. Just thought I would ask...

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
My brother works in the corporate office at VZW as an exec and he said they dont even have the Edge on radar in upcoming releases up to the end of the year. They always get at least a 2 week heads up minimum and the Edge is no where to be found.

Vandigity

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I happen to work with Verizon and have also been told by many accounts that the phone is set to go on Pre-order this friday the 18th and will be available to the public on the 26th of Month. The reason that the phone has been delayed is that there were bugs within the software and verizon is wanting to roll the phone out using Lollipop 5.0. This is not going to be a big release and you will not be able to purchase the phone in the corporate stores as it is a limited release. It is also important to note that the phone will only be availble in Black as the white is on back order.

As for previous comments that the phone wont be rolled out this year is because reps/ Supervisors do not receive updates until a day prior. The only way this gets pushed back is if testers run into another problem. At this point we are being told we have the green light. Just so everyone knows the targeted date for Verizons Launch was December 3rd but got pushed back due to the bugs they wanted to work out. Hope this information helps.:p