Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering & Shipping Information

Allure2323

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
The overnight delivery people will get their phones Thursday.
I'm guessing that's a no. I've seen several people on these forums with overnight shipping have their orders say the 18th but then have it changed to the 19th. And I've talked to several Verizon people about shipping they have al told me the same. And that is that expedited shipping is pointless on pre orders because you still get it the same day as someone who doesn't get expidited.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Friday delivery date is kinda BS. Most home deliveries are in the evenings at least with UPS in my area... People that walk straight into the store Friday morning will have their phones while most preorders are riding around the neighborhood in a truck
I am OK with doing online and getting it s few hours later to save $200

Snoopy343

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
9175c5c479798f04832d0a0de9238e1d.jpg

This is what my order says on verizon

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
While we are all waiting, can someone tell me why, when using USB cable on the Note 5 hooked up to a computer, that I need to change USB mode from 'charging' to 'transfer file mode'? Why can't it just do it without me choosing. Will Type C on the Note 7 fix this so it just works for everything? If so, one more thing to look forward to.

I used to not like it too, but has security advantages :) Say you just want to charge on a computer, but not transfer data. You do not have to worry about data mining/theft, or if at work, aggressive virus scanners interfering with your device or being flagged as using corporate assets. This does happen.

If you only use your own computer and do not connect to work or will not use another computer (in a pinch) to charge, then yes- it is an extra step pain.

thatkid2s

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So I've noticed that several people have mentioned that their delivery date has switched from the 18th to the 19th. A couple questions: 1. Has this happened to anybody that paid for overnight by 10:30am shipping? And, 2. Prior to the delivery date switching, did your FedEx info note "future delivery requested?" I ask because I paid for overnight 10:30am and I just received tracking info. My FedEx page currently says delivery date is the 18th, BUT it also noted that a future delivery date has been requested. This seems like a good reason to be optimistic. FedEx is clearly aware of the future delivery request, as it is stated right on the page, yet, I still have a delivery date for Thursday the 18th. Any input? Excited for nothing?

umpatel

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
IMO - All orders will be shipped as they requested to ship on 8/17.

If you have two day shipping you will get 8/19,
For most of Overnight shipping will get 8/18, not sure why other are changed to 8/19. May be location or corrected mistakes?

Finger cross for 8/18!

anon(20073)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
8/12/16 - Ordered Blue with 2 day shipping in California
8/15/16 - CC Charged
8/15/16 - Waiting for shipping info (But it says it will ship on Friday 8/19)
8/16/16 - Shipped and sitting in Memphis for future delivery.

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So I've noticed that several people have mentioned that their delivery date has switched from the 18th to the 19th. A couple questions: 1. Has this happened to anybody that paid for overnight by 10:30am shipping? And, 2. Prior to the delivery date switching, did your FedEx info note "future delivery requested?" I ask because I paid for overnight 10:30am and I just received tracking info. My FedEx page currently says delivery date is the 18th, BUT it also noted that a future delivery date has been requested. This seems like a good reason to be optimistic. FedEx is clearly aware of the future delivery request, as it is stated right on the page, yet, I still have a delivery date for Thursday the 18th. Any input? Excited for nothing?

I paid for overnight shipping. My delivery date is still stating 18th. I would be willing to be the phones start moving from the locations that have been stuck at tomorrow. Those who paid for overnight shipping will receive the 18th, those who chose free 2-day will get the 19th delivery.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Mine is the exact same. I live about an hour and 15 minutes from memphis. I wish I could just go pick it up.

Lol I feel ya. I'm around 6 hours away lol. It's like they can't release it but they got to make it look like it's doing something so they scan it from time to time in same location lol.

thatkid2s

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I paid for overnight shipping. My delivery date is still stating 18th. I would be willing to be the phones start moving from the locations that have been stuck at tomorrow. Those who paid for overnight shipping will receive the 18th, those who chose free 2-day will get the 19th delivery.

That's what I'm hoping for! How long has your tracking been available? Seems like most people who saw their delivery date change, didn't see it change until about a day later. Since I just received my tracking info, it hasn't really had a chance to change ETA. Hoping it never does. Thanks for your input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal