Verizon Z Play 7.1.1 update out now!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
That's a tough question to answer. If someone says "Yes, go for it" and you don't like Nougat 7.1, or you have issues then that person may feel bad for making their suggestion. My wife's Z Play Droid and my daughter's Z Play Droid are both running OK on 7.1, no real complaints. Battery life may need slightly less than Marshmallow but nothing drastic in out case. But...if you are still scared to death to upgrade then I would say Don't Do It.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
That's a tough question to answer. If someone says "Yes, go for it" and you don't like Nougat 7.1, or you have issues then that person may feel bad for making their suggestion. My wife's Z Play Droid and my daughter's Z Play Droid are both running OK on 7.1, no real complaints. Battery life may need slightly less than Marshmallow but nothing drastic in out case. But...if you are still scared to death to upgrade then I would say Don't Do It.
Thanks. I understand that no one can really answer that question. I was just looking to see if there were any widespread major complaints after upgrading.

At this point in time, I'm pleased with the stability of my phone and I'm not so sure I want to risk that by upgrading. I've not read of anything that a burning desire for me to get by upgrading.

Thanks again for your response.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
So, I took the plunge last night. Many security patches were applied, one at a time. I'm now current.

I'm not liking these icons. I'm assuming I can't change them back with this launcher.

This groups look so much smaller now.
07e9effd0c258aca4fd495799c0b4307.jpg
9b83a81912d5639418442d8fdc0f8f32.jpg

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten used to it. No sense in adding another layer by adding another launcher. That being said, I really do dislike how it looks, especially when compared to the bottom portion of the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001