Video chat

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I want to play with video chat but no friends have this tab. I know gchat has the option for video. What apps work that others can use?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Newton1221

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Other than another XOOM you have to use the Gmail page in your web browser, there should be an option for video when you try to chat with someone and it will make you install a plugin

As far as I know that is the only other compatible program, I tested it with my girlfriend and it worked fine, nothing special really

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Other than another XOOM you have to use the Gmail page in your web browser, there should be an option for video when you try to chat with someone and it will make you install a plugin

As far as I know that is the only other compatible program, I tested it with my girlfriend and it worked fine, nothing special really

OK so someone with a ipad can just go into gmail and I can just be on app right.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I believe the only thing that you need to do is, both you and the person you are trying to video chat with, will both need to have the same app installed in order for this to work. Also, the other person will need to have a webcam on whatever hardware they are using(pc, laptop, apple device, cellphone). Next, you will need to an app such as Fring, google talk, etc.

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use skype with a non xoom person----no luck. Hopefully we will get more gchat video on phones and also apps like tango support on the Xoom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingExotic069