[Video Tutorial] How To Properly Root Your Inspire 4G

PrestonTucker

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys and gals, I just got my new Inspire two two weeks ago, swapped form my iPhone 4. I had the iphone jailbroken and bypassed the tethering lock on the software. I if I am curious, if I root my inspire, can I bypass the tethering lock like on the iPhone. And of course, being a noob, what does the root do to help?

PrestonTucker

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Unlimited WiFi Hotspot with rooting

Hey guys. I just got my new Inspire two two weeks ago, swapped form my iPhone 4. I had the iphone jailbroken and bypassed the tethering lock on the software. I if I am curious, if I root my inspire, can I bypass the tethering lock like on the iPhone. And of course, being a noob, what does the root do to help?

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Hey guys. I just got my new Inspire two two weeks ago, swapped form my iPhone 4. I had the iphone jailbroken and bypassed the tethering lock on the software. I if I am curious, if I root my inspire, can I bypass the tethering lock like on the iPhone. And of course, being a noob, what does the root do to help?

Check here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ins...86-guide-inspire-4g-rooting-faqs-how-tos.html

I doubt it would be possible to tether now that AT&T has set restrictions for those caught tethering with the phone rooted or not.

PrestonTucker

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not so sure about it, because I told the guy sat the At&t store that I bypassed it when I had my iPhone, and my monthly data rates were around 100GB a month. They never really cared.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
so I have my phone rooted and I'm running cm7 but my upload speed still sucks I'm getting about 100kbps upload while download is 2000kbps, does that mean the network upload sucks or something is wrong, should I try a different rom

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Well I rooted my phone, and got rid of my bloatware, now, i don't know what else to do. Bored now, lol.

so I have my phone rooted and I'm running cm7 but my upload speed still sucks I'm getting about 100kbps upload while download is 2000kbps, does that mean the network upload sucks or something is wrong, should I try a different rom

Yeah, there is a thread over at XDA Developers where they have instructions on how to change one of the settings on your phone where you change the coding. Had to be done with a file editing program: Editing the build.prop for faster data speeds - xda-developers

I haven't done it yet because it just seems too technical for me, and time consuming. Good luck!

LULzAREJAY

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Im having a problem, (I am using the one-click boot) everytime i go into HBOOT it says my "Android 1.0" Driver (on my PC) is not there. Someone help ASAP, Please... :(

Last edited:

skylenelson

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Greeting, Not to hijack a thread or get yelled at I though here would be the best place to post.... I have read over the bubby323 once click root thread quite a few times and studied the F.A.Q link religiously... My problem is when the phone starts looking for the PD98IMG.zip it says the file is not found or the image in corrupt. So I started the process over after making a new gold card and putting the file on it. Someone please point me in the right direction. I love these forums and the knowledge base seems endless.

kg4zxk

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Inspire 4G Rooting question

If you root the Inspire and install a custom ROM but would like to go back to stock is there a way to do that yet on this phone?

elysenator

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Success! finally! I just re-installed and uninstalled sync and used an old 2GB SD card i had kickin around as my gold card. Third time is the charm i guess. ;)

bklizard

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't gain any USB functionality since the phone did an update software 1.84.502.11 for AT&T :( they fudged it up so you can't sync or do anything like adp... DAMN THEM! (that's when you put it in debug mode... which is also require for all the hacks including the "one click"...)

bhayden25

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I need some help her people. When i try to root my phone. I get al the way to the part of getting the downgraded rom on my phone then i open up terminal emulator and type in /data/local/tmp/rage and nothing happens. Any thoughts?

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So im guessing this is the newest way to root the inspire (5/23/11) cause Im getting one today Finally! =) but I also looked up vids about rooting and I seet z4 mods and OneClick. Also the main post on this has the video and when you watch it it says this is OUTDATED click for new hack kit and then it brings you to the xda site for the new kit. Then do you watch that video so you can see how to hack it cause the xda site for the new kit does not have the video

Jay20

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
so I "upgraded" to build number 1.84.... is the rooting method the same? Now that I got the HSUPA, I'm thinking about re-rooting and installing the newest version of CM of I can get it to actually be faster and get better battery, which didn't happen last time.