VZ Note3 - Best plan for international vacation?

mwatson2

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
In less than 10 days my wife and I are headed to England for a week's vacation. I was going to simply pay for a VZW international plan ($25), but it has a 100mb cap!

I've been combing the internet for other methods and I'm a bit fuzzy on the whole SIM replacement deal. The Pay as You Go plans on O2 seem significantly more reasonable. FYI my Note 3 is rooted and I have ZERO experience unlocking SIMS.

1. Does the VZW Note3 require any fancy unlock to work?
2. Will changing providers require me to wipe my device?
3. Would an O2 location in England likely assist me in the swap or is this something I need to tackle myself?

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You might best be asking in a root forum re: SIMs since they may offer a wise solution. Also if you're running a custom ROM.... most definitely.
I was in London last year though with a VZ GS4 and actually the 100mb cap won't be touched if you're on WiFi. I am a heavy user and only turned on the data roaming when needed directions etc. Just monitor your data usage when roaming in the data tools section of Settings Menu. Good luck and have a great Holiday. Peace

Posted via Android Central App

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
OH... forgot your queries! OOPs

1. Does the VZW Note3 require any fancy unlock to work?
NO.
Since you're rooted am unclear.
2. Will changing providers require me to wipe my device?
NO.
You're just using a non VZW SIM.
Again Root user may be different as i don't know your variations. You will have problem with using google since you'll be using a different SIM - you won't be recognized.

3. Would an O2 location in England likely assist me in the swap or is this something I need to tackle myself?
Not hard to tackle yourself at all.
You'll have to explain your phones Root and if a custom ROM as well if you want their help.
Again good luck; Peace

Posted via Android Central App