VZW Customer Support...unreal

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
These guys are so stupid...they don't even know what they're talking about. I'm on the phone attempting to solve a data issue with my Thunderbolt, and figured I would complain about the XOOM a little bit, not having 4G even though it was promised in Q2.

He's had me on hold for 20 minutes, and just came back. He said that the VZW store nearby me is holding a 4G XOOM for me that I can go exchange mine for. He said they already have them. He said if I want, he can send me a box, which I can send to Samsung, so Samsung can make it 4G if I would rather do that. I told him I have a Motorola XOOM, that the XOOM is by Motorola and the Tab 10.1 is by Samsung. He said they have a XOOM by Samsung, and a XOOM by Motorola. The Samsung XOOM has 4G, but Motorola doesn't yet. The Samsung XOOM will work fine with my 3 XOOM docks and my XOOM cases, because it's just like mine...only with 4G....and made my Samsung.

I'm on hold again. This guy is a moron. I wish I had more time to let this play out, but I have a meeting in 20 minutes that I have to prepare for so I think I'm going to have to hang up with this clown.

He is not having any part of me explaining what they really sell to him either. He's talking to me like I'm the "stupid customer".

Reactions: crzycrkr

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am currently on the phone Verizon. First I had a rep who was very polite but not able to help. I asked to speak to her supervisor, who also has been very polite.

I explained the lack of 4G on the Xoom and how it was promised in Q2 and I was told it would be the first 4G Android Tablet and now that the Tab 10.1 is out that was false as well.

I have asked for my 6 months of data to be refunded and to be allowed to upgrade immediately if I choose.

I am currently on-hold. I will update how it went.

thegunslinger1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Considering that I canceled my 3G service the next day after I bought my Xoom on Day 1 I wonder what I could get if I call up and complain. Maybe a credit to my cell phone bill??

I should call up and say that the reason I don't pay for 3G was because I wanted the 4G/LTE.

JerryRogan

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Idiots have to start somewhere...

Why they turn these folks loose before they are properly trained, I'll never know, but they are only hurting their own business.

After this 3G Xoom fiasco, and more years than I can remember as a customer, I'll be jumping ship to another provider. Probably Sprint.

I would not trade my Xoom for the Samsung, but I might consider going back to an IPad, which I sold to get the Xoom...

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So they are not able to offer me credit, but I have 5 devices on my account. 2 older phones, 2 newer phones and my Xoom. The lady tells me that they can make 2 of my newest phones eligible for upgrades right now, instead of Nov 2012.

I thought that was fair.

So now I have to figure out what is the best Android phone from Verizon right now.

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
So they are not able to offer me credit, but I have 5 devices on my account. 2 older phones, 2 newer phones and my Xoom. The lady tells me that they can make 2 of my newest phones eligible for upgrades right now, instead of Nov 2012.

I thought that was fair.

So now I have to figure out what is the best Android phone from Verizon right now.

Droid charge man, it rocks 4g and kick ass.

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
These guys are so stupid...they don't even know what they're talking about. I'm on the phone attempting to solve a data issue with my Thunderbolt, and figured I would complain about the XOOM a little bit, not having 4G even though it was promised in Q2.

He's had me on hold for 20 minutes, and just came back. He said that the VZW store nearby me is holding a 4G XOOM for me that I can go exchange mine for. He said they already have them. He said if I want, he can send me a box, which I can send to Samsung, so Samsung can make it 4G if I would rather do that. I told him I have a Motorola XOOM, that the XOOM is by Motorola and the Tab 10.1 is by Samsung. He said they have a XOOM by Samsung, and a XOOM by Motorola. The Samsung XOOM has 4G, but Motorola doesn't yet. The Samsung XOOM will work fine with my 3 XOOM docks and my XOOM cases, because it's just like mine...only with 4G....and made my Samsung.

I'm on hold again. This guy is a moron. I wish I had more time to let this play out, but I have a meeting in 20 minutes that I have to prepare for so I think I'm going to have to hang up with this clown.

He is not having any part of me explaining what they really sell to him either. He's talking to me like I'm the "stupid customer".

I cant stop laughing at this. This is the funniest yet. Well to make a long story short, I was having problems with my xoom and was supposed to be receiving a new xoom in the mail. Because of VZW customer service I have 3 empty fedex boxes at my house because they didn't know why my replacement xoom wasn't shipped. So they kept resubmitting the order. Then one rep said it was shipped to the warehouse. Then They told me it would be shipped the next day for a 2 day delivery only to keep receiving empty fedex boxes. Finally I had had enough and demanded answers. Finally was told that I had to ship my xoom back first and in 24hours after receiving it that they would send the new xoom

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, these guys are amazing. It ended up that the supervisor couldn't do anything without "further research". This was at 1:30. He said he would do his research into the situation and call me back at a time specified by me. I asked if he could please call me back between 3:00 and 4:00, figuring a one hour window wouldn't give him any excuse to not call me back.

Well...surprise surprise, he didn't call me back. I guess I will call them again in the morning. Let's see what kind of BS they can spew at me tomorrow. I'm going to start recording these calls. Maybe I can sell them to Comedy Central...LOL.

Reactions: nate3382

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharikkhan222143