wake up from aod

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to wake the phone up when using always on display besides using the fingerprint scanner or the power button? I would like to double tap or swipe the screen but neither works.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I am not sure. If you have Always On Display enabled, you will automatically be defaulted to the black screen that shows what notification icons you have. So with AOD on, you can't double-tap from there to see your lockscreen?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Double tap does not work.
Double-tap works fine for me. Once the device is locked (either from a Power button press or the normal timeout) and the AOD screen is shown, when I double-tap the Lockscreen is shown, at which point I can either drag up from the bottom and enter my PIN or just use the fingerprint reader to unlock the device.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Double-tap works fine for me. Once the device is locked (either from a Power button press or the normal timeout) and the AOD screen is shown, when I double-tap the Lockscreen is shown, at which point I can either drag up from the bottom and enter my PIN or just use the fingerprint reader to unlock the device.

Odd. Not my experience at all.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Precisely how mine works too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick