Wallpaper

joeyboren

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone post the preloaded wallpaper of the black and grey birds, from the MyTouch 4G???? Its the one in the pictures, i just cant seem to find the full wallpaper. Thanks ahead for anyone that can do this!!!!! :D

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That picture has not come off of any of the Wallpaper threads... not even the ones with the wallpapers from the MT4G.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
you could try an app like flikie wallpapers. also keep in mind that if someone CAN help you and has viewed this thread they WOULD help you.

You are only allowed to bump your own thread once every 24 hours.

I do hope you find what you're looking for. If not that app I mentioned is pretty awesome for wallpapers.

Reactions: monchwa

samspade

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That picture is one of the built in "Theme" home screen pictures. The "Theme" is called Ruby. It can be found at:

/system/app/Ruby.apk/assets/media/images

You have to quick press (as opposed to long press) the file Ruby.apk and select "Browse File" to get to /assets/media/images

There are other "Theme" *.apk files...

Carrera, Downtown, Graffiti, Red Rocks, Safari, Wildflowers, and Kidzone.

You can change the theme's by going to Settings/Personalize/Themes

or

Home Screen/All Programs/myModes

If you pick one, you can edit some of the properties vs. just choosing the theme.

All kinds of options...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That picture is one of the built in "Theme" home screen pictures. The "Theme" is called Ruby. It can be found at:

/system/app/Ruby.apk/assets/media/images

You have to quick press (as opposed to long press) the file Ruby.apk and select "Browse File" to get to /assets/media/images

There are other "Theme" *.apk files...

Carrera, Downtown, Graffiti, Red Rocks, Safari, Wildflowers, and Kidzone.

You can change the theme's by going to Settings/Personalize/Themes

or

Home Screen/All Programs/myModes

If you pick one, you can edit some of the properties vs. just choosing the theme.

All kinds of options...

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but since I have not rooted my phone, how exactly do you get to the System folder or any others on your device?

samspade

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for sounding like a noob, but since I have not rooted my phone, how exactly do you get to the System folder or any others on your device?

My phone is not rooted either.

I use a file manger called ASTRO File Mgr Pro - do a search in the market. It's expensive as apps go, $3.99, but it is a very nice filemanager.

When you open it, it defaults to /mnt/sdcard, you just hit the up button a couple of time till you are at /

You can poke around and copy files, but I believe you don't have write access.

I'm a noob myself, so no worries.

samspade

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Here you go, all 7 of 'em. :)

Hey Natehoch96,

Any chance you know the path to the attached file?

It's the Red Rock Theme Default Lock Screen Image.

You can select it for any Theme by going to:

Home Screen - Menu Button - Wallpaper - Lock screen - Wallpaper Gallery.

It is image 4 of 8.

I'm really interested in finding where the image is stored on the phone.

Thanks,

Sam

Last edited: