wave to dismiss alarms..problem

dhc8guru

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
When my morning alarm goes off, I have to wave over the screen like I am shooing away a swarm of bee's before the alarm will dismiss. Don't know why it doesn't work as smooth and effortless as waving over the sleeping screen. Anyone else notice this problem?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it completely dark when your alarm goes off? Mine has an issue too when I wake up been it's really dark in my room. I usually just use the touch/swipe to snooze it. The few times there is light in the room, it works. Not sure if it's a lighting thing or not.

Curtendz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
None of my wave over the phone stuff seems to work when my phone is charging. Anyone else having this problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I also have this issue. The wave function works fine when I just swipe my hand over the phone to display the time..but it does not work at all to silence an alarm. I do have my phone plugged in when I'm trying to silence it, as I charge the phone at night and set my alarm. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
first alarm this morning, I was able to wave over to dismiss while plugged in

second alarm, no go (also while plugged in)

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Make sure your hand isn't too low, the Moto X is kind of farsighted. I could never get this to work until I made sure to keep my hand at least 6" above the screen (it's higher than you think). Note that I seldom use this feature myself, so it's possible I've just been lucky so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo