Weird Text Issue

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Tried searching for a similar topic but didn't come across one.

Have a strange issue as of late with Google Messages ... I can be in the middle of a conversation with someone, but once they send a picture it'll start a new text thread from the contract and my cell number. See the pic below ...
I was chatting with the guy in the conversation circled for a bit. Then he sent me a picture and it started the another thread from him and my cell number. I can send a picture without issue ...it's just when I receive pictures. This has happened with multiple contacts ... it's very bizarre!

Anyone facing this?

Screenshot_20220419-135413_Messages.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this issue as well (mostly on groups, since those come in as MMS). But once I tap on the 'duplicate' thread, it usually just disappears and the conversation list re-arranges itself. Try turning chat options on/off on Google Messages (don't know if this will work but I'd assume this would force a re-sync with Google's servers). Another thing you could try is switching default message apps (BUT last time I did this I ended up with a bunch of unread messages and a few duplicated text threads for some reason).

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I cannot get the threads to merge at all. I tried switching to Samsung messages and it didn't work there either. It's very annoying LOL

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled the Google Messages beta (forgot I was in the beta LOL) and tested things and so far so good. Thinking about who this happens with I think they've all been iPhone users, so I sent myself some texts from my work phone and then sent some pics and no duplicate thread. Hopefully it was a quirk with the beta

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled the Google Messages beta (forgot I was in the beta LOL) and tested things and so far so good. Thinking about who this happens with I think they've all been iPhone users, so I sent myself some texts from my work phone and then sent some pics and no duplicate thread. Hopefully it was a quirk with the beta

Ahhh. I figured this was a beta issue! Debating going back to the regular one too.

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
Try s better messaging app like textra.
Ever since our last update my Google works only half the time at best. If so things Google ????????????*♀️

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try s better messaging app like textra.
Ever since our last update my Google works only half the time at best. If so things Google ������������*♀️

I'd LOVE to go back to Textra... but web access is non-existent and their team has made it crudely clear that they're not even interested. That's what keeps me coming back to Google Messages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire