Welcome to the Nexus S 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yup, one and the same! We still have the Optimus on one of our lines. My main line is the EVO 3D and the Nexus S is our business line. My husband has the EVO 4G. Lol, I have four Android devices to play with! My husband just shakes his head at my obsession but gets to reap all the benefits :D Great to see you Jessica!

hahaha, My hubby is the Evo carrying one, and I had the optimus and now the Nexus. Same here, I do all the modding, he enjoys the outcomes. lol Most of the time I get a blank stare trying to explain what I did.

Cos

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Steve C from Bel Air, Maryland just got my Google Sprint Nexus 4G loving it, love Google Wallet. Can't wait to see what else is out there, anyone got some suggestions for must have apps.

Thanks

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Brian here. Just won a $275 auction for a new Nexus S 4G. My contract isn't up until April so since I started a new job I've been carrying around two blackberrys. I figured enough is enough so I started looking for phones on ebay. I placed my bid when the reserve wasn't met and there was still 45 minutes left in the auction but surprisingly somehow no one else bid on it. I'm not sure if I got a deal but I know I'd have to pay $549 if I wanted to walk into the store and get it myself.

I've been a blackberry user for the past 3 years so I'm looking forward to trying something new. I don't know much about android phone but can't wait to learn.

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
What's up guys, had my Nexus for about a month now..went from iphone to blackberry now im on Team Android and so far im liking the Nexus and how it performs, haven't rooted..don't think I will but either way im happy with the phone.

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
LONG time lurker of this and every other big android site (you know what they are) but finally registered at this one cuz it definitely is the friendliest.

Anyways, I had an Evo 3D since launch day loved the dual core, screen, form factor (just a tad too big), Sense 3.0 despite it's bad rep as of late really is beautiful. Nevertheless I didn't like size and weight. I also hated the dual cameras, it looked ugly to me, Sense is just too in your face and lots of fancy animations that ultimately just arent very useful at all.

So I put that sucker up on Craigslist, sold it immeditely for 350 and then bought a Nexus S 4g immediately on CL as well for 175. I love this phone, the form factor, the blacked out look, the thinness, vanilla android. Its faster than my Evo 3D in everyday tasks (thanks Sense).

Despite how much I grew tired of Sense, I did miss it within the first day or two. Vanilla android is nowhere near as prettyfied...but it makes up for it in efficiency. The RAM is not a problem whatsoever, because even though 3VO has 1Gig compared to the NS4G 512MB, there is actually more free ram available on teh nexus after a few hours of use (once again thanks sense lol).

I am not one to root my phone, ever. But it seems that it'd be criminal to have a Nexus and NOT root it. So will look around on here and take in all that I can learn about a very new topic to me.

Lookin forward to talking with you gents and ladies...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
LONG time lurker of this and every other big android site (you know what they are) but finally registered at this one cuz it definitely is the friendliest.

Anyways, I had an Evo 3D since launch day loved the dual core, screen, form factor (just a tad too big), Sense 3.0 despite it's bad rep as of late really is beautiful. Nevertheless I didn't like size and weight. I also hated the dual cameras, it looked ugly to me, Sense is just too in your face and lots of fancy animations that ultimately just arent very useful at all.

So I put that sucker up on Craigslist, sold it immeditely for 350 and then bought a Nexus S 4g immediately on CL as well for 175. I love this phone, the form factor, the blacked out look, the thinness, vanilla android. Its faster than my Evo 3D in everyday tasks (thanks Sense).

Despite how much I grew tired of Sense, I did miss it within the first day or two. Vanilla android is nowhere near as prettyfied...but it makes up for it in efficiency. The RAM is not a problem whatsoever, because even though 3VO has 1Gig compared to the NS4G 512MB, there is actually more free ram available on teh nexus after a few hours of use (once again thanks sense lol).

I am not one to root my phone, ever. But it seems that it'd be criminal to have a Nexus and NOT root it. So will look around on here and take in all that I can learn about a very new topic to me.

Lookin forward to talking with you gents and ladies...

Quite a story but a good read. Glad to have you a part of the forums and thanks for choosing Android Central.

Enjoy the phone!

Sent from my Nexus S 4g running Ice Cream Sandwich. : p

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi all
I'm just starting forum talk and need help on a couple things like 4g toggle and bad signal issues. Any help would be accepted

There is exactly 1 4G toggle widget that works for the NS4G and that is "Nexus S 4G Widget" by Robert Burns - it's in the Market. Costs $1 or $2.

Hello there, my name is J Rich and I'm from MI. I have recently migrated from Blackberry to Android, so far I am pleased with everything. From the BB 8330 to Samsung Nexus S has been quite the switch, I am soaking it all in as quickly as I can....:) Just learned how to manual update the software in the forum and am trying to understand the "root" process next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :-!

Me too! Welcome, from one newb to another! :D

Any root/unlock questions, ask away!!! :)

Kinda upset with the 3G and Wifi performance. Thought it would be fixed by now, considering this phone is a few months old.

Look at Sprint's coverage map for your area and make sure you're not near any "fair" areas. The NS4G did have signal issues before, but they released an update that fixed the issues, for the most part. Go into Settings->About Phone and look at the Baseband Version - should say D720SPRKE1 or maybe D720SPRKE5

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Brian here. Just won a $275 auction for a new Nexus S 4G. My contract isn't up until April so since I started a new job I've been carrying around two blackberrys. I figured enough is enough so I started looking for phones on ebay. I placed my bid when the reserve wasn't met and there was still 45 minutes left in the auction but surprisingly somehow no one else bid on it. I'm not sure if I got a deal but I know I'd have to pay $549 if I wanted to walk into the store and get it myself.

I've been a blackberry user for the past 3 years so I'm looking forward to trying something new. I don't know much about android phone but can't wait to learn.

My phone is sitting at home. The clock has been moving very slowly since I got the news. Get me outta work! :)

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, everybody.

Been eyeballing the NS4G for a few weeks. Just traded in my Epic 4G for the Nexus a few days ago. Love it so far. Decided to root it because I was missing a few apps...figured I might as well install a ROM while at it. Gonna give O2 a try for a while.

What is everyone else liking these days?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi, everybody.

Been eyeballing the NS4G for a few weeks. Just traded in my Epic 4G for the Nexus a few days ago. Love it so far. Decided to root it because I was missing a few apps...figured I might as well install a ROM while at it. Gonna give O2 a try for a while.

What is everyone else liking these days?

Welcome aboard Kevin.. Glad to see another friendly face from the Epic 4g arena.

Your pick of Oxygen ROM is a good one. Its a very stable ROM and is very close to AOSP with a few perks... Good choice in kernels too :)

Enjoy your NS4G

yup816

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Nexus S 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

so i'm doing just that.......

im 27 m
KCMO
XBL:yup816
i have a N4GS....
GoLauncherEX
Custom Icons

i want emulators on my phone any help

looking to root....????

still want Blackberry.....All Touch...but until...... android is fun tho

im pm me dont matter

Last edited:

mobile_sensei

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, been around a while on others.
I'm a themer, make wallpapers, & ROM dev for droid X.
I have some NS4G themes posted over on MyDroidWorld, maybe I'll bring them over here.
I have about 10, just haven't posted them all yet.
I'm a member of Team Liberty & Sturdy Click Syndicate. If I can help anyone out, just give me a shout.
Nice to meet you guys... :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201