Well done Samsung the most expensive phone with the last nougat (almost) for a top smart phone

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: Can't we all complain to Samsung... Or boycott their next phone

Nearly one 1000 dollars and this supports is not acceptable.. Don't give me Rubbish thryevarrvtooo busy making new phones with a support of two years if you are lucky... What's the best and most advanced Chinese phone out there with full support. There are many things wrong with iPhone and some minor glitches with updates... But they get them for years and hold there value.

Samsung does not care about updating your phone quickly. That's something we all know but never want to say out loud.

They never have. They take their time and send it to you (or the people you actually bought the phone from if you're in the US and Canada) on their schedule, not anyone else's. I'm sure they have reasons, whether it be time or manpower or costs.

This is never going to change. If you want a phone that is updated "on time" for both platform updates and security/bug fixes, buy a Pixel or an iPhone.

If you like all the things Samsung has to offer, the best thing you can do is stop worrying about updates and use those things you like :)

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Isn't this like your fourth thread about the Nougat update?

I'm not going to boycott Samsung's phone just because it doesn't get a system update fast enough. It's got the best hardware out on the market.

Instead of complaining about the lack of updates, go buy a Pixel. It's got the latest Android software out there.

Pixel not available most of the ad world

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Unless you are new to Samsung ( which you are not) it's makes no sense to be this upset over an update. Most of us in this forum want it , but we've gotten pretty used to how the update cycles go with Samsung. All you can really do is wait or get a phone that's on a better update schedule to your liking. Complaining on a forum won't change how Samsung is doing this.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's not about being content. It's about knowing what to expect when you continue to purchase phones from a company who you know can be lax with the updates.

Last edited:

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

Beta is no longer available.

Yes it is. Just because the beta program has ended doesn't mean you can't install it. Verizon stopped at Beta 2 and T-Mobile/Sprint went to the end. Read up on XDA.

I've been on Beta 2 since late November and it's been rock-solid on my Verizon S7 Edge.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The VAST majority of phone users -never- join a forum... Or care about updates.

The members here are a TINY fraction of the whole...

An even -smaller- amount care about updates...

They are just the loudest...

Big difference.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Yes it is. Just because the beta program has ended doesn't mean you can't install it. Verizon stopped at Beta 2 and T-Mobile/Sprint went to the end. Read up on XDA.

I've been on Beta 2 since late November and it's been rock-solid on my Verizon S7 Edge.

There is an app needed on the Galaxy market. The required app has been removed. Do you happen to have a link? If it's possible, like you say, I'm willing to give it a go. I'm on Verizon if that matters.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
wish i had stayed on marshmallow :( any way to downgrade ?

Any chance of elaborating as to why you want to do this ?

Your insight may help others either awaiting the Nougat Update or are on Nougat already experiencing problems.

Please include which Samsung s7 edge variant your using and if you updated via the OTA update or flashed the Rom to put it onto your phone.

Jdalton1111

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm over waiting for the update. I'm upgrade eligible in 2 months, so I'll consider my options for a new phone 😒 and honestly, with Verizon's plan, no one should freak out about it. Just keep getting the latest and greatest every year

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

There is an app needed on the Galaxy market. The required app has been removed. Do you happen to have a link? If it's possible, like you say, I'm willing to give it a go. I'm on Verizon if that matters.

You don't need any app to load the beta. Just a SD card and the update.zip file that you install in recovery. Look at the Galaxy Beta thread on XDA. It's a signed zip file so you don't even need root.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87