Went to the Other Side...for a Minute

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Lately, I have been looking at Windows Phones. I bought a Nokia Lumia Icon, updated it with the new Developer's Program version of windows, and was really pleased with the performance of the device. The display is beautiful and Cortana is really fun and useful. I was not happy that any of my Android apps, which Windows also had in their store, I had to either pay for again, or my data did not transfer, such as Riptide GP2, but I could live with that. I thought I had a winner for certain. The one thing that I was not pleased about was the weight of the Icon. Although it feels solid, it is fairly heavy. It kept nearly falling out of my shirt pocket. I work in an emergency room and I just can't have that. The Icon reminds me in a lot of ways of my G2...sharp screen, fast performance, wireless charging, nearly the same dimensions, but it is heavy. It takes awesome pictures too, just like my G2. If there was a Windows tablet that gave a similar experience, I would probably convert to Windows across the board. I am back using my G2 for now as I am still trying to decide which direction I am going to go.

Other opinions?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Lately, I have been looking at Windows Phones. I bought a Nokia Lumia Icon, updated it with the new Developer's Program version of windows, and was really pleased with the performance of the device. The display is beautiful and Cortana is really fun and useful. I was not happy that any of my Android apps, which Windows also had in their store, I had to either pay for again, or my data did not transfer, such as Riptide GP2, but I could live with that. I thought I had a winner for certain. The one thing that I was not pleased about was the weight of the Icon. Although it feels solid, it is fairly heavy. It kept nearly falling out of my shirt pocket. I work in an emergency room and I just can't have that. The Icon reminds me in a lot of ways of my G2...sharp screen, fast performance, wireless charging, nearly the same dimensions, but it is heavy. It takes awesome pictures too, just like my G2. If there was a Windows tablet that gave a similar experience, I would probably convert to Windows across the board. I am back using my G2 for now as I am still trying to decide which direction I am going to go.

Other opinions?

Well, I think you've made the right decision of switching to G2 having a windows phone is just amazing but I am sure you can't use it in a ease Windows phone looks good but i would say its not as good as Android is ! I still think that if windows come before Android it would be a hit but I as Android has occupied to the market and not to mention users too..... I don't think that impact of windows is going to get deeper than Android will say remaining on the side of Android is best and logically speaking its somewhat much more acceptable while comparing with the Windows environment.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Tried a Windows phone for half a day. When I went to install Sirius and found out that there is no Sirius App, I turned the phone back in and went back to Android.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I used Windows phone for a couple of years before getting my G2. I'll consider switching back when I'm eligible to upgrade since 8.1looks so nice, but the G2 is such a good phone it will be a tough call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkC1970