What are you upgrading from and why?

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I can forgive the large top and bottom bezels because of the front facing speakers.

Posted via the Android Central App

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I can forgive the large top and bottom bezels because of the front facing speakers.

They had front facing speakers last year and the top and bottom bezels were much smaller. Still buying, but they are pretty big.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

segler

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
From an old Samsung Galaxy Nexus fully tricked out with custom stuff, 4.1.2 works just fine, but it is just now getting a little long of tooth.

Don't laugh.

jorrdvm4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
LG G3. I too have been plagued by horrific batter life, signal issues since Lollipop update and who knows when Marshmallow will come. So back to Nexus and can't wait!

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S4. Phone is fine but my carrier reoriented their local tower so I have no signal (-118 dbm) at home office so also moving to Fi.

Jenbeary

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Moto X Pure. Actually I'm returning it because I discovered the LCD screen is a trigger for my migraines. (Came from a Moto X 2013 with an AMOLED screen and now using it again until my 6P arrives!)

Also I'm pretty excited about the stock Android / continued update experience.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a 2015 XPE but returned it. Great size but battery life and screen weren't cutting it. I did find the camera nice tho. Back on my N6 until the P comes in.

The big bezels are a bummer. Moto did a great job last year with the screen to bezel ratio.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Sony Xperia Z1. I've had the Z2 and Z3 in my hands at home too, along with several devices from HTC, Samsung, etc but I wasn't willing to commit for 2 years to any of them. I'm really picky and also very patient when it comes to making final purchase decisions so I was willing to wait for whatever hit the sweet spot with me for another 2 year contract. So far based on paper and hands-on reports the 6p does that for me. All I'm waiting for now is for it to be in everyone's homes and I plan to sit tight for a couple of months to see if the deep-divers over at XDA manage to uncover anything to worry about. If no deal breakers are uncovered at that point I'll buy it.

WisemanWV

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Verizon LG G2 (yeah, the Verizon one is a little different) I bought it for the AMOLED, the aluminum feel and the nexus updates

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Note 5. Pen is neat, but stops there. Returned it right to Best Buy today and got a cheap Nexus 5 ($160) locally to use in the meantime (and will keep as a backup).

So tired of carrier crap and glacially slow, cryptic and uncertain update schedules. Never buying anything but a Nexus.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Note 5, with I had waited. Gotta figure a way to get myself out of device payment somehow and flget into the Nexus...
I'm in the same boat, I do love the Note 5 but the hardware package plus Marshmallow and pure android is hard to resist. If you figure out a way to get out of your device payment, fill me in. Only thing that sucks about paying or leasing a device over time.

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

rajendra82

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
From a white Nexus 5. Love the phone, but it is starting to show its age. The letters on the back have fallen off, hairline cracks along the frame. I am also tired of holding a plastic phone, and miss the premium look and feel of the Nexus 4. With Nexus 6P, it looks like I am going to finally have the premium feel of 4 and the premium performance of the 5 in one device.

cchalk0

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm upgrading from the Verizon Moto X 2014. I've only had the phone since March and I can't believe it's already no longer supported. I haven't even gotten the 5.1.1 update yet. My battery barely lasts until 5 PM, even after a factory reset, and today it randomly died at 12% without any warning. Plus it constantly freezes and the home screen always crashes whenever I exit an app. Good riddance I guess.

I've been an Android user since 2010 and this will be my first Nexus. I am very much looking forward to it, especially that 3450 mAh battery.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, I do love the Note 5 but the hardware package plus Marshmallow and pure android is hard to resist. If you figure out a way to get out of your device payment, fill me in. Only thing that sucks about paying or leasing a device over time.

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

simple. buy it out then sell it. if you don't have the cash, get a credit card with 0% financing. if you don't have the cash or credit then you're out of luck ... and in the meantime get you're credit report and work on improving your score, it's important!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S3...it should be obvious why I'm upgrading. I would have picked up a note 5 but their specs let me down

just curious, what were you hoping for with regard to specs? other than battery size I can't think of anything it's lacking. and even battery, the note is the exception to the rule as somehow it manages to get great battery life. perfect example why specs on paper don't tell the whole story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware