What are you upgrading from and why?

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Oneplus Two, it feels a great premium phone but Oxygen is a bit buggy at times, to be honest I would be happy with it if it hadn't of been for the new Nexus. Also I have had a lot of phones this year lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
simple. buy it out then sell it. if you don't have the cash, get a credit card with 0% financing. if you don't have the cash or credit then you're out of luck ... and in the meantime get you're credit report and work on improving your score, it's important!
I will look into selling it and try to gain a little profit. T-Mobile still is selling the 64GB for 780, if I can unload mine for 6-650, I'm good. Then I will just buy a cheap phone to hold me over

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I will look into selling it and try to gain a little profit. T-Mobile still is selling the 64GB for 780, if I can unload mine for 6-650, I'm good. Then I will just buy a cheap phone to hold me over

you probably don't even have to buy a phone to hold u over. I'm sure one of your friends has an old flip phone or something u can just get activated for the month

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, I do love the Note 5 but the hardware package plus Marshmallow and pure android is hard to resist. If you figure out a way to get out of your device payment, fill me in. Only thing that sucks about paying or leasing a device over time.

I'm in the same boat with Note 4 I'm on Verizon Edge program and making payments. I'm thinking either pay my phone off and try to sell it on eBay or keep making the payments since I only have a year left.

dcdttu

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
While waiting for the new Nexus announcements, I decided to give the iPhone a try. I've had the 6 for 3 months now, and I'm ready to go back. It's not the things I expected to hate that I actually hated, it's the things I didn't even know about. The buttons on the screen aren't framed, they're just text. They're very hard to press on the first try and I found myself hen-pecking the phone for everything. Also, you can't interact with the UI until whatever animation it's performing is completely finished. This makes for a very sluggish UI compared to my previous Nexus 5. It's actually amazing people put up with it. I asked my iPhone friends about the hen-pecking and sluggish UI transitions and they had no idea what I was talking about. So I decided to watch them use their phones without them knowing I was spying. Sure enough, they hen-peck the absolute s__t out of their phones. It's actually remarkable they love their phones so much despite this glaring UI flaw.

I ordred the 5X and the 6P. Even though I prefer smaller phones (or at least I think I do), I'm going with the 6P I think.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat with Note 4 I'm on Verizon Edge program and making payments. I'm thinking either pay my phone off and try to sell it on eBay or keep making the payments since I only have a year left.

if it were me, I'd ride the note 4 out. this time next year you'll be happy you did. save a few bucks in the meantime, sell your note in a year for whatever it's worth, and then you'll always be ahead of the curve and free from carriers.

jdub251

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm happily ditching this Verizon Note 4. It's one if the crappiest Android devices I've ever owned. I'm through with Samsung. This will be my first Nexus and am absolutely stoked. TouchWiz has gotten nauseating. This, looks like, is hands down the phone to beat this year. Not to mention, the dev support will be incredible.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Replacing my OnePlus One. It was a good phone for the past year or so and a terrific value, but I'm getting tired of the random bugs and problems with both CyanogenOS and OxygenOS. And I've lost respect for OnePlus as a company so I felt it was time to switch. Debated between the Moto X Pure and the Note 5, but decided to go with the 6P

choubaka

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm coming from the iPhone 6 Plus. I can't wait to get my hands on the new Nexus!! I always had a Nexus until now and I'm more confortable using Android than iOS. Apple took take of me for a few months now but I need to switch back to the Nexus brand ;)

Trym Bjerkvik

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Replacing my OnePlus One. It was a good phone for the past year or so and a terrific value, but I'm getting tired of the random bugs and problems with both CyanogenOS and OxygenOS. And I've lost respect for OnePlus as a company so I felt it was time to switch. Debated between the Moto X Pure and the Note 5, but decided to go with the 6P
Haha :p exactly the same as me :) lost respect and got tied of OnePlus after the OnePlus 2 got launched... Has debated between the new LG v10, note 5 and moto x play, but decided to go for the 6p. The only thing that can change my mind is the camera... Hopes it is as good as Google says it is...

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the 6P and keep on making the payments on the Note 4 and next year when something else is out or something better with pure Android experience and with the new 820 chip I'll sell one or both and get that. I'm always going to lose money on anything I buy anyway. I really want Marshmallow after seeing the Google presentation.

chowdog13

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
HTC One M8, I've had it since launch and it's becoming a little pokey and the battery isn't quite up to snuff. I used to have a Nexus 4 and I really miss stock android as well as timely updates.

loosecannon45

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm going from the nexus6 to the nexus6p because I'm a nexus wh0r3 and I buy them every year I can't help myself also looking at that pixel c

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

dom2114

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Coming from Galaxy S4 on Verizon.
Tired of always being the last one to get Android updates. Finally got 5.1.1 somewhat recently and the S4 feels like a new phone, so I'm still on the fence as to whether I really need to upgrade now or whether to wait.
Also curious to try out Project Fi at some point...curious what the service and speeds are like in my area.

RitchieJoe

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Coming from Galaxy S4 on Verizon.
Tired of always being the last one to get Android updates. Finally got 5.1.1 somewhat recently and the S4 feels like a new phone, so I'm still on the fence as to whether I really need to upgrade now or whether to wait.
Also curious to try out Project Fi at some point...curious what the service and speeds are like in my area.

I'm coming from the S4 and I am so done with that phone. You need to upgrade.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Finally upgrading from my Galaxy S3 which has been great. I went with Nexus 6P this time because I really was disappointed with the S6 battery life reviews. The Note 5 looks nice but way too pricey on AT&T. I am also looking forward to having a recent version of Android which was never the case with Samsung/AT&T phones. My ship date is not until Nov 10-12. That's a long wait for me .....

supabeans

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Upgrading from HTC M9 to Nexus 6p.
Been using HTC phones for quite some time. Just needed a change. And the M9 left a bad taste in my mouth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware