What Are You Upgrading From

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Like others I'm upgrading from the S7 Edge after having to return two Note 7s. I'm doing so via T-Mobile JOD.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Like others I'm upgrading from the S7 Edge after having to return two Note 7s. I'm doing so via T-Mobile JOD.

I had to return the Note 7 three times. The first was working fine. After the recall the second one got really hot at times and the third I returned after rumors of limiting charging to 60%.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I had to return the Note 7 three times. The first was working fine. After the recall the second one got really hot at times and the third I returned after rumors of limiting charging to 60%.

Ouch! I understand how annoying that is. When I got the Note 5 (which feels like ages ago, now), I had to return it twice. Once because my bluetooth antenna was defective and couldn't connect to my Gear S2 six inches away, and then again because the touch screen would randomly become non-responsive.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Ouch! I understand how annoying that is. When I got the Note 5 (which feels like ages ago, now), I had to return it twice. Once because my bluetooth antenna was defective and couldn't connect to my Gear S2 six inches away, and then again because the touch screen would randomly become non-responsive.
Not good. I got lucky I guess. I had no issues with my Note 5. That thing took great pictures.

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Currently have the Pixel, Pixel XL and S7 edge. By the time the S8 shows up, I might have a LG G6 as well.
I have a bad habit of trying out new phones.
Yeah, me, too, but only since last year. Before that I stayed with iPhones, sticking with the iPhone 4 for two years and then upgrading annually after.

Last year I decided to try Android and got a Note 7. It's a long story but I ended up with an iPhone SE, iPhone 7Plus 256Gb, HtC 10, S7 and S7 Edge. I'm going to keep the iPhones for another 2 years on my main line and retire the HTC10 to be a music player for the family. The S7 and S7 Edge will do VR duty and be used when I travel, in case TSA gets heavy handed, as I've heard they are doing at the airport I fly out of the most. S8+ will be my entertainment center and internet device until I get the Note8, assuming it's good. After the Note 8 I plan to stay on the Note upgrade path. I will probably stay with iPhones, too. But I never plan to have this many viable phones at the same time again. I consider this my midlife crisis.

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
That's what happened with my Note 7s. First one worked great. Second one felt like a curling iron at times.

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
My mom's Lumia 1520 is finally crapping out, so she'll get my S7 and I'm getting a new Orchid Grey 8+ for myself :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anon247