What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Case Mate Bumper Case

I ordered using that discount code on Black Friday and it's already at my house waiting for me to get home from work. They shipped quick!

I guess that discount code only works on Black Friday weekend.
Just tried it now, and it is not working anymore. Bummer!

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
From the Case-Mate website, it is $20 but with a 15% ($3) for new buyers, so if I buy it from Case-Mate, it will be $17 for me.
May I ask where you got it for $14?

Thnx!

they had a 30% discount cde for cyrber Monday, i just ordered one yesterday but i wonder if i could have used both codes (30% + 15% ) ?

n8prkr

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

Ordered mine on the 28th. Got the discount, but has yet to arrive...

Posted via the Android Central App

mwmmikey

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Fyi...
The Vskin case is on sale for 7.95 right now on eBay.
I'd post the link but apparently I haven't posted 10 times yet. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

Dion Holmes

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

I received the black & gray one over the weekend. I'm pretty pleased so far. I might look into a screen protector for the first time. I usually keep my phones naked but this one is a slicker than what I'm used to. That plus them encouraging you to make throwing motions with Moto Actions is a recipe for me to unintentionally destroy this phone!

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Liking mine, too (black & grey). I think I'm good with this one. I also have the Supcase Unicorn Beetle that I like but I think I'm sticking with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Bumper Case ... $US 16 (after 20% discount with code CANTSTOP)
Shipping to Canada ... $US 25
-----------
Total $US 41 (or $Cdn 57 @ 1.391 exchange rate)

Ouch! I think I'll stay with my Vskin clear case for now

Edit: Also the new customer sign-up is not stackable.
Either get the 20% CANTSTOP discount or the 15% Sign-up only. Cannot get both!

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I bought TWO cases to compare... Case-Mate & Diztronic.

Case-Mate --> Hard plastic and was difficult to install/remove. Power and volume buttons were very hard to press. I bought black/gray, I did not like the gray part at all. I'm not impressed by this one. Cost was $14 on BF sale + $3.95 shipping.

Diztronic- Softer more rubberized and was much easier to install. Fits snug. Volume and power buttons are extremely easy to use. The feel of the case is great. It covers the entire back and isn't just a bumper like the case-mate. It just feels much better in my hand and looks 1000x better as well. Cost = $9.89 2day shipped from Amazon.

I much prefer the Diztronic and will never install the Case-Mate again. It was so hard to take off I almost cut it off. In the drawer it goes to collect that fine particulates called dust..lol

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought TWO cases to compare... Case-Mate & Diztronic.

Case-Mate --> Hard plastic and was difficult to install/remove. Power and volume buttons were very hard to press. I bought black/gray, I did not like the gray part at all. I'm not impressed by this one. Cost was $14 on BF sale + $3.95 shipping.

Diztronic- Softer more rubberized and was much easier to install. Fits snug. Volume and power buttons are extremely easy to use. The feel of the case is great. It covers the entire back and isn't just a bumper like the case-mate. It just feels much better in my hand and looks 1000x better as well. Cost = $9.89 2day shipped from Amazon.

I much prefer the Diztronic and will never install the Case-Mate again. It was so hard to take off I almost cut it off. In the drawer it goes to collect that fine particulates called dust..lol
I found that the Case-Mate is not hard to put on if you do the opposite of what you would do with the Diztronic. In other words, you lead the phone through the front of the Diztronic but with the Case-Mate, I lead the top front of the phone thru the BACK of the bumper case.

Then you push the bottom case corners press against the front of the phone until they wrap around the side and back the of the phone.

Still, I don't like the way the Case-Mate bumper bows out on the side, mainly on the button side. It makes volume buttons too easy to accidentally press. There's already a crack in my Case-Mate from taking it on and off the phone.

I definitely like the Diztronic better.

Verizoned

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I kind of agree. Got the Otterbox for my Pure and while it's ugly I actually like the extra heft it gives the phone. It makes it much easier to get tack sharp photos because I find the phone moves less when I touch the screen to take a photo because of the extra weight.

Also, the rubbery surface is miles better in terms of feeling secure holding the phone than other cases I've had for other phones. I'm still not sure if the Otterbox will work out in the long run but for now I really like it.

parthbhatt

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I got Moto X Pure with wooden back and engraving and I like showing it off ;)..So I wanted a transparent case..
I found this one and have been using it since 2 weeks now...It fits perfectly and covers all edges, works perfectly as expected.

Motorola X Pure Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Protective Bumper Case -Frost/Black from Supcase