What case for your Nexus S 4G?

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm, it seems that BodyGlove will have a case out in June. I like the case they had for the Palm Pre...and it seems like it's going to be the same material/texture.

gmich

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Incipio Feather case in black. Love it. Fits great, looks good, smooth (instead of sticky) back. Only problem some may have with it is that it doesn't completely cover top and bottom, but I had a similar Case-mate on my Evo and never had a problem with it.

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Incipio Feather case in black. Love it. Fits great, looks good, smooth (instead of sticky) back. Only problem some may have with it is that it doesn't completely cover top and bottom, but I had a similar Case-mate on my Evo and never had a problem with it.

Sweet. Hoping for mine to be here by Saturday. Glad to know these are fitting. IMO, the phone looks too nice for a bulky case and, aside from protecting the top/bottom, these look to be perfect.

csementuh

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy's 'Rocket Fish' house brand makes a nice TPU black case the the Nexus S 4G. I grabbed one on sat before the phone came out. Seems to fit nicely and protects everything without adding a lot of bulk. Was $19.99, or if you have a hookup and know someone working at BBY, about $2 with the employee discount lol.

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Count me on the sprint holster + case. This thing is ROCK solid. The holster is completely separate. The case and holster have a rubber texture. And the holster is a slim one, so it doesn't stick out like some of them. Makes all the difference. Now just need a phantom skinz and ill be set.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Pics please, thought it was not meant for the larger Sprint Nexus ? To me this looks like the perfect case for the Nexus-S

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

I just received mine, but I noticed that the power button is not centered in the cutout, like the volume button is. How is yours?

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the Amazon one for 6.95 with 6 screen protectors and stylus. I am pretty impressed with it. Very slim and a good grip. The power and volume buttons are a bit harder to push, but for 6.95 it will work for me!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
MMMM! Just got my Seidio Active X on. I feel safe again. You all know what the black one looks like from the review. Here's the purple one if anyone is interested. (Got it for the lady).

IMG_20110513_001614.jpg

anon(41372)

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a Seidio Active as well, but I find it just ever so slightly too bulky for my tastes. I am sure for most people its not too big; I'm quite picky is all. Since the Feather from Incipio doesn't fit, and I'm not a fan of Seidio's clip-together cases, I fear I may be out of luck.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a Seidio Active as well, but I find it just ever so slightly too bulky for my tastes. I am sure for most people its not too big; I'm quite picky is all. Since the Feather from Incipio doesn't fit, and I'm not a fan of Seidio's clip-together cases, I fear I may be out of luck.

Still half the size of my epic so I'm good. I actually debated the convert. I went with this to stay slimmer.

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
MMMM! Just got my Seidio Active X on. I feel safe again. You all know what the black one looks like from the review. Here's the purple one if anyone is interested. (Got it for the lady).

Is the black portion of this case more slippery rather than a sticky rubber. I really like this case from a protection and look standpoint. My concern was that the black portion looked more like a rubber which may cause things to stick to it and make it hard to just slip into your back pocket where mine usually ends up.

Thanks for any thoughts.

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Feather incipio

Yup, got the confirmation this morning. It gave a USPS tracking number, which, I've found in the past, is like giving no tracking info at all. It's says they were notified by the shipper, electronically. Usually, it will still show that info after I have the case installed on my phone.

My Incipio Feather came today from Cell Power. Fits great except the cutout for the power button is off center, does not affect anything at all.

Its basically the same quality, material and thickness as my cheap $3.98 2 piece one from eBay, but has some fancy packaging instead of cheap cellophane bag packaging from China lol. Same exact rubber feel coating.Here. They are both made in China, chances are the factories are next to each other, lol.

At Incipios $25 price, they are raking it in, considering the cheap one is two pieces and its only $4, shipped. And the guy i bought it from had to make some profit and pay shipping.

The only difference is that the Feather is one piece, bottom only, so you don't have the thickness on the sides and face from a top piece (which is quite nice, compared). But then the negative is that the ends of the phone are exposed for scratches and drops.

It is what it is and does what its supposed to do, so if you want it go get it. My only negative criticism is value, and I got it for the $16 before it went up.

Gonna roll with it for a while and see how long before an end gets scratched.

-j-

Reactions: spammiches

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

IMG_20110513_001614.jpg
Does your cases seal to the screen or does it bow out like mine? I have pic in the review post I made.

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
My Incipio Feather came today from Cell Power. Fits great except the cutout for the power button is off center, does not affect anything at all.

Its basically the same quality, material and thickness as my cheap $3.98 2 piece one from eBay, but has some fancy packaging instead of cheap cellophane bag packaging from China lol. Same exact rubber feel coating.Here. They are both made in China, chances are the factories are next to each other, lol.

At Incipios $25 price, they are raking it in, considering the cheap one is two pieces and its only $4, shipped. And the guy i bought it from had to make some profit and pay shipping.

The only difference is that the Feather is one piece, bottom only, so you don't have the thickness on the sides and face from a top piece (which is quite nice, compared). But then the negative is that the ends of the phone are exposed for scratches and drops.

It is what it is and does what its supposed to do, so if you want it go get it. My only negative criticism is value, and I got it for the $16 before it went up.

Gonna roll with it for a while and see how long before an end gets scratched.

-j-

Sweet deal, still waiting on mine. Can't be much longer...I hope.

iLOVEhead

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up the sgpstore.com ultra silke series case for $19.99 from amazon. I received it yesterday and today I unboxed it and it fit perfectly on my nexus s 4g. I also got a ultra oleophobic screen protector included but won't be installing until tomorrow. I will take pictures then.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
As long as your pockets aren't tight it should slip out. My front pockets stick a lot. So does the lint. Lol.

The plastic is soft touch coatings. Almost rubbery. I was hoping the holster from my epic would work since it was too small for the active it was from the surface. However this one with the active is so much smaller it fits too loose. I may back up the holster soon.