What class of SD Card? Also, Hi-Res Audio on Kit Kat?

Thom Achenar

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I've searched high and low for definitive answers to these questions all over the internet and haven't found them, so I thought I'd try you wonderful Android Central users.

I'm about to get an Xperia Z3 (probably today, seing as I ordered it on Saturday) and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.
So, first thing's first I need to get a micro SD card so I can carry around loads of music and shoot loads of video.
What I'd ike to know is do I need a really high spec SD card in order to shoot 4K video to my sd card, or does the Z3 record it to internal memory before saving it to the sd card?

And regarding High-Res Audio, one of the things I'm most excited with about the Z3 is that I'l be able to listen to 24 bit 96k audio at ful quality, but I know that, until Lollipop comes out, Android is limited to 16 bit 44.1k audio output, so what I'd like to know is, has sony found a way to get around this on the Z3 with Kit Kat, and if they have, will it work with 3rd party media players (I will be using Neutron Player, which I know supports any bit depth and sample rate) or only with Sony's Walkman app? Or do we just need to wait for Lollipop to truly take advantage of High-Res audio?

I also read somewhere that to take advantage of High-Res audio, you will need to buy Sony's High-Res headphones. I hope this isn't the case as I have decent pair of head phones and I'm very particular when it comes to audio equipment and would hate to be forced into buying only one make of headphone.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have a Samsung 64gb SD card that works fine. Im excited for you. With as many phones as I have had the Z3 well I have the Z3V variant but it is the best phone I have had.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a 32 GB class 10 sd card on Black Friday (I missed the amazing deal on the 64). I'll being using it for my FLAC files and recording my 2 year old in 4K. I should be getting it next week. I'll let you know the results.

As for the headphones I don't think you have to have a specific set of Sony headphones to take advantage of the Hi-res audio. I think if you have a certain set of Sony earbuds the Z3 can set the equalizer to give you optimum sound. I'm planning on buying the noise cancelling buds as I take the bus and train for work.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174